‘China will never seek hegemony by force of arms’January 13th, 2011 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Jan 13(ANI): China will never seek hegemony by force of arms and compete with the United States and other Western countries despite the landmark first test flight of the radar-evading J-20 stealth fighter jet, an expert has said.
Rear Admiral Yang Yi, former director of the Institute for Strategic Studies at the People’s Liberation Army National Defence University, said that China is aiming to develop and maintain appropriate military capabilities in order to protect its national security and interests.
“China will never seek hegemony by force of arms… China adheres to peaceful development and China pursues a national defence policy that is purely defensive in nature, posing no threat to any country,” Yang wrote in an article for the China Daily.
“The development of China’s weaponry system is totally based on national defence and to safeguard state sovereignty and territorial integrity. It is not aimed at any other country or any specific target… China will not enter into an arms race with the United States,” he added.
China had confirmed on Tuesday that it held its first test-flight of the J-20 stealth fighter jet. (ANI)
- 'Test flight of stealth jet intended to show China's sovereignty' - Jan 17, 2011
- China used downed US F-117 Nighthawk to reverse engineer its first stealth jet - Jan 24, 2011
- China's defense policy 'ensures national security': Official - Apr 28, 2011
- 'China's military hardware development not aimed at any other country' - Jan 12, 2011
- China conducts first test-flight of stealth plane - Jan 11, 2011
- 'Opposing US' arms sales to Taiwan is part of Chinese policy' - Jan 10, 2011
- US will counter China's military build-up: Gates - Jan 09, 2011
- US underestimated China's military modernization: Gates - Jan 10, 2011
- China's civilian leadership was unaware of stealth fighter jet test flight - Jan 12, 2011
- China's apparent 'stealth aircraft' may pose "terrifying" challenge to US fleet: Experts - Jan 08, 2011
- Indian-American engineer gets 32 years for selling secrets to China - Jan 25, 2011
- China develops new stealth fighter using downed US bomber - Mar 14, 2011
- 'Chinese military has potential to put US at risk' - Jan 09, 2011
- China issues White Paper on arms control, peaceful development - Mar 31, 2011
- China knows how to tackle stealth aircraft - Sep 20, 2012
Tags: beijing, china daily, first test, hegemony, liberation army, military capabilities, national defence policy, national security, peaceful development, radar, rear admiral, state sovereignty, stealth fighter jet, strategic studies, target, territorial integrity, test flight, weaponry, western countries, yang yi