China talks energy, power cooperation with PakistanJune 7th, 2012 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 7 (IANS) Chinese President Hu Jintao told his Pakistani counterpart Asif Ali Zardari Thursday that Beijing encourages its enterprises to take part in energy and electricity projects in Pakistan.
Hu met Zardari in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, Xinhua reported.
The Chinese president said the two sides needed to cement the China-Pakistan strategic and cooperative partnership, and called for improvement in strategic communication and cooperation.
Hu also called for maintaining high-level visits and exchanging views on major issues concerning the two countries.
He hoped the two sides will deepen cooperation, especially in the sectors of trade, energy, transportation infrastructure construction, agriculture, telecommunications, aerospace and technology.
“China will continue to provide assistance for Pakistan’s economic and social development within our capacity,” he said.
He said the two sides needed to improve law-enforcement and security cooperation, and jointly fight the “three evil forces” of terrorism, separatism and extremism.
On people-to-people exchanges, Hu suggested the two sides expand cooperation in education, culture and media at local levels.
Zardari thanked China for its support to Pakistan’s development as well as assistance when the country was affected by floods and earthquakes.
He invited Chinese enterprises to invest in Pakistan, especially in infrastructure and the energy sector.
- Hu Jintao charts priorities for Shanghai group - Jun 15, 2011
- Chinese president reaffirms support to Europe in debt crisis - Aug 31, 2012
- China seeks strong ties with Russia - Dec 12, 2011
- China, Russia vow to deepen ties - Sep 27, 2010
- Chinese president meets Clinton - Sep 05, 2012
- Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogue - May 02, 2012
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- China seeks closer ties with Germany - Feb 03, 2012
- China, Russia pledge close ties - May 09, 2010
- Chinese, South Korean presidents meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- India, China eyeing intensifying partnership, continue boundary talks - Apr 14, 2011
- India, China move to resolve disputes, increase trade (Roundup) - Apr 13, 2011
- Pakistani PM to visit China - May 10, 2011
- China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu - May 03, 2012
- China reiterates support to Pakistan's sovereignty - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: china talks, chinese enterprises, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, cooperative partnership, economic and social development, education culture, electricity projects, energy power, energy sector, energy transportation, evil forces, hu jintao, infrastructure construction, president hu jintao, security cooperation, separatism, transportation infrastructure, xinhua, zardari