China jet makes emergency landing amid bomb scareJuly 15th, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
Lanzhou (China), July 15 (ANI): A passenger jet flying from China’s restive Xinjiang region to the country’s south made an emergency landing on Wednesday night following warnings of a possible bomb aboard.
According to officials with the Gansu provincial public security bureau, China Southern Airlines’ flight 3912, en route from Urumqi to Guangzhou, landed safely at Zhongchuan Airport in Lanzhou, capital of Gansu Province, at 9.53 p.m.
Police had received reports from the air traffic control authorities saying that the airline company had received warnings of a bomb aboard the aircraft, the Xinhua news agency reports.
All 93 passengers and 18 crew were evacuated safely upon landing.
Security officials questioned all the passengers and crew, and finished searching the aircraft by 4 a.m.
An official later said the threat was a hoax, and an investigation has been launched. (ANI)
- Plane hijacking attempt foiled in China - Jun 29, 2012
- 24,000 Chinese Haj pilgrims to visit Mecca in 2010 - Nov 02, 2010
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Bomb hoax on Kingfisher flight - Aug 30, 2011
- Toxic gas leak kills five in China - May 09, 2012
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Pakistani plane makes emergency landing - May 13, 2011
- Kingfisher flight returns to Mumbai after technical glitch - Jan 19, 2011
- JetLite passengers have narrow escape at Mumbai - Apr 29, 2010
- Jet Airways flight to Bahrain delayed over bomb scare - Sep 04, 2011
- 2,000 vehicles caught in China traffic jam - Dec 31, 2010
- Air India plane lands in Oman after bomb hoax - Aug 20, 2010
- Jetlite plane makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Jul 04, 2011
- Emergency landing: India in touch with mission in Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Three killed as train hits bus in China - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: air traffic control, airline company, airlines flight, bomb scare, capital of gansu province, china southern airlines, control authorities, emergency landing, hoax, lanzhou china, passenger jet, public security bureau, s south, security officials, urumqi, wednesday night, xinhua news agency, xinjiang region