Chaudhry not restored under any deal: Aitzaz AhsanApril 9th, 2009 - 9:14 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr.9 (ANI): Pakistan Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry was not restored as a result of any deal, former Supreme Court Bar Association president Aitzaz Ahsan said on Thursday.
Addressing the lawyers here, he said that Chaudhry would continue to provide justice to the masses through suo motu notices.
Last month, Chaudhry said that the real judiciary had been restored after a long time and now the dignity of the court and institution would have to be restored. He also said that the judiciary would have to be cleaned of corruption.
Speaking after resuming his duties as Chief Justice, Chaudhry said that irregularities would not be tolerated in dispensing justice.
He added that the stories of corruption from civil judge to Supreme Court were common, and urged upon the lawyers to co-operate with him in stamping out corruption.
Justice Chaudhry further said if there was any complaint of irregularity, then a petition could be filed in the Registrar Office.
He said he was thankful to the people on their struggle for restoration of judiciary. (ANI)
- Pak CJ resumes work, says real judiciary restored after a long time - Mar 24, 2009
- Pakistan Chief Justice urged not to hear son's case - Jun 07, 2012
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Hajj corruption scandal: Pak SC cracks down on investigating agency - Jan 12, 2011
- Allegations against CJI aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran - Jun 14, 2012
- Allegations against Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Malik claims ignorance of Pakistan chief justice's son case - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistani daily lauds chief justice for not sparing son - Jun 08, 2012
- Stamping out corruption main task: Iftikhar Chaudhry - Mar 24, 2009
- Nov 3, 2007 turning point for Pakistan's judiciary: Chief Justice - Feb 07, 2011
- Not aware of chief justice's son's case: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Lahore courts dispose of 96,634 cases in five months - Jul 03, 2011
- Strict action ordered against Pakistani chief justice's son, realtor - Jun 15, 2012
- Pakistan apex court chief justice to be honoured - Apr 29, 2012
- Image of independent judiciary necessary for Pakistan, says Pakistan's Chief Justice - Feb 06, 2011
Tags: aitzaz ahsan, association president, chief justice iftikhar, chief justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, civil judge, corruption, dignity, iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, irregularities, irregularity, judiciary, justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, lahore, lawyers, muhammad, pakistan supreme court, petition, registrar office, supreme court bar, supreme court chief justice