Chaos, mismanagement forces Shoania, family to flee ‘walima’ reception hallApril 28th, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr.28 (ANI): Chaotic scenes were witnessed at the ‘walima’ reception of the newly married sports couple Sania Mirza and Shoaib Malik, and ceremony ended early as overcrowding at the banquet hall gave way to complete mismanagement.
Several high profile guests, including Prime Minister Yosuf Raza Gilani’s son Abdul Qadir Gilani, Punjab Governor Salman Taseer and federal population welfare minister Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan attended the party.
A smiling Sania, wearing a sea-green sharara entered the hall holding her new hubby’s hand, who was in a black suit, but the couple along with their family members left the venue shortly after the hall swelled with people.Similar scenes were seen during the reception ceremony at Sialkot, Shoaib’s hometown, which was organised at a hockey stadium, as more than 2000 people turned up for the function against the 1000 invitees.
In their bid to prevent ‘uninvited guests’, private security guards present outside the reception venue did not even allow some of Shoaib’s relatives and friends to enter the stadium, which gave way to a heated argument between both sides. The matter was resolved only after some other family members intervened. (ANI)
- Gilani's son's punch spoilt Sania-Shoaib's 'walima' reception at Lahore - May 01, 2010
- 1,000 guests and a single dish at Sania-Shoaib reception - Apr 28, 2010
- Gilani sending 'special gift' for celebrity couple Sania-Shoaib - Apr 09, 2010
- Petition filed against Shoaib for allegedly selling reception invitation cards - Apr 27, 2010
- Pakistani minister presents crown to Sania Mirza (Lead) - Apr 16, 2010
- Pakistan minister to represent country at Sania-Shoaib reception - Apr 15, 2010
- Pakistan information minister resigns - Dec 25, 2011
- India, Pakistan PMs should interact at SAARC meet: Pak minister - Apr 20, 2010
- 'Walima' on Apr 25, reception on Apr 27 for 'just married' Shoaib-Sania - Apr 20, 2010
- Over 1200 guests expected to attend Shoaib-Sania 'walima' reception in Lahore - Apr 21, 2010
- Sania-Shoaib marriage spurred 'marriage diplomacy': Pak Minister - Apr 22, 2010
- Flowers, 'desi' Lahori cuisine spice up Sania-Shoaib's Sialkot wedding reception - Apr 26, 2010
- Lahore High Court quashes petition against Shaoib Malik for overspending on marriage - Apr 28, 2010
- Sania-Shoaib to be brand ambassadors for India, Pakistan, clarifies Pakistan minister - Apr 21, 2010
- Firdous Ashiq Awan meets Meira Kumar - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: abdul qadir, ashiq, awan, banquet hall, black suit, federal population, gilani, hockey stadium, private security guards, profile guests, reception ceremony, reception hall, salman taseer, sania mirza, sea green, sharara, shoaib malik, sialkot, uninvited guests, yosuf