Central assistance under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak YojanaJune 13th, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , June 13 (ANI): The Ministry of Rural Development has sanctioned Rs.335.8250 crore to the States Governments of Assam and West Bengal under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) respectively.
The amount will be received for the programme by the respective State Rural Roads Development Agencies.
An amount of Rs.329.8250 crore has been sanctioned as the balance payment of first installment of Phase-VI projects of PMGSY to the Assam State Road Board,Guwahati, which is an autonomous agency for receiving the funds under the Yojana.
The West Bengal Rural Roads Development Agency (WBSRDA), which is an Autonomous Agency for receiving the funds for PMGSY has been sanctioned Rs. 6.00 crore as balance payment towards administrative expenses, travel expenses, independent quality monitoring for Programme Implementation Units (PIUs) and State Level Autonomous Agencies under the scheme.
All these agencies will maintain separate account for this grant and submit Utilisation certificate and Audit Reports for the amount already released and amount being released now, to claim further amount due.
The grant is towards plan expenditure and is subject to the provisions of PMGSY Programme Guidelines and supplementary directions issued there under. (ANI)
- Rural ministry working on village roads scheme, says Ramesh - May 19, 2012
- Bihar allowed to construct rural roads under central scheme - Sep 16, 2011
- Govt. grants aid for construction of rural roads in Manipur - Feb 07, 2011
- Centre gives Rs.117 crore to six states for rural roads - Oct 01, 2010
- Kerala seeks modifications in centrally sponsored schemes - Jun 21, 2011
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Ramesh writes to Sinha, refutes charges of discrimination - Aug 23, 2012
- Ramesh seeks PM's help to boost roads in Maoist-hit areas - Sep 14, 2011
- Budget trendsetting for rural sector: Ramesh - Mar 16, 2012
- Bihar to get Rs.13.35 Crores for building roads in rural areas - Dec 07, 2009
- 'More autonomy for states to implement rural schemes' - Apr 08, 2012
- Give freedom to states in use of rural funds: Ramesh - Feb 26, 2012
- Cabinet approves National Electricity Fund (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- 'Northeast needs new road making techniques for growth' - Feb 06, 2012
- Rs.217 crore central funds for Bihar's rural roads - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: administrative expenses, assam state, audit reports, autonomous agencies, autonomous agency, central assistance, crore, first installment, governments, guwahati, independent quality, ministry of rural development, New Delhi, plan expenditure, pmgsy, provisions, quality monitoring, rural roads, west bengal, yojana