By-poll for Gilani’s seat in JulyJune 22nd, 2012 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 22 (IANS) By-elections for the seat in Pakistan’s National Assembly that fell vacant after the Supreme Court disqualified former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani will be held July 19, it was announced Friday.
Gilani was a member of the lower house from the NA-151, Multan constituency, Geo News reported.
Gilani was disqualified as prime minister and member of the National Assembly with effect from April 26 by the apex court after his conviction for contempt of court for refusing to write to the Swiss authorities to reopen corruption case against President Asif Ali Zardari.
- Gilani's son to contest for father's seat - Jun 26, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Ex-PM Gilani's son wins by-poll - Jul 20, 2012
- PPP nominates Makhdoom Shahbuddin as new PM - Jun 20, 2012
- Gilani convicted for contempt of court - Apr 26, 2012
- PPP nominates Shahabuddin for prime minister's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Apex court issues show-cause notice to Pakistani PM - Aug 08, 2012
- Ordinance to protect Gilani's actions challenged - Jun 26, 2012
- Pakistani PM faces SC, seeks time to write Swiss letter (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Pakistan SC orders PM to appear again Sep 18 (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Gilani's disqualification a victory of law: Imran Khan (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- PPP leaders pick Makhdoom Shahabuddin as new PM (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Pakistan not to contest Gilani contempt verdict - May 26, 2012
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, asif ali zardari, constituency, contempt of court, conviction, corruption case, elections, former prime minister, geo news, islamabad, multan, national assembly, pakistan, poll, supreme court, swiss authorities