BSF trooper injured in firing on LoCMay 2nd, 2010 - 12:56 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 1 (IANS) A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper was injured as Pakistani forces opened fire on Saturday in Krishna Ghati along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, the second such incident in 24 hours, an army officer said.
Around 6.30 p.m. Pakistani forces opened machinegun fire at Nangi Tekri and Kripan posts in Krishna Ghati. The exchange of fire lasted for about three hours, the officer said.
Trooper, C. Ramesh, suffered a bullet injury and was taken to a military hospital in Poonch. He is said to be in a critical condition.
“The fire from across the LoC was unprovoked. We also retaliated. It was a machine gun fire,” a senior officer of the army’s Nagrota-based 16 Corps headquarters told IANS.
Krishna Ghati, is 210 km north of Jammu.
Late Friday, Pakistani troopers fired at Ballad post in Samba sector along the international border in a bid to give fire cover to a group of infiltrators. The BSF retaliated and claimed to have foiled an infiltration bid.
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pak violates cease-fire in Poonch district, one soldier killed - Oct 25, 2010
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops again open heavy fire at Indian posts - Jan 20, 2010
- Two terrorists killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Nov 14, 2010
- Pakistan Army rockets Indian posts in Kashmir: army - Sep 29, 2010
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire at Indian posts - Oct 27, 2010
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- Pakistan ready for flag meeting after firing - Jun 22, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
Tags: army officer, ballad, border security force, bsf, corps headquarters, critical condition, ghati, infiltration, international border, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, krishna, loc, machine gun fire, machinegun, military hospital, poonch, ramesh, samba