BSF lodges protest with Pakistani Rangers over firingAugust 17th, 2009 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 17 (IANS) The Border Security Force (BSF) authorities lodged a strong protest Monday at a flag meeting with Pakistani Rangers over Sunday morning’s firing along the international border in Ramgarh sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
There was firing along the international border in Ramgarh sector at Ballad post for half-an-hour early Sunday morning. The BSF termed it as an infiltration bid and claimed that it has been foiled.
BSF Inspector General A.K. Surolia said: “No militant has sneaked in.”
BSF officers held a flag meeting in Ramgarh sector and told Pakistani Rangers that the firing incident on the international border was against the spirit of the November 2003 ceasefire.
According to sources, the BSF officers told Pakistani Rangers that they should control the situation on their side of the border and not allow militants to come near the fence.
“We want Pakistani Rangers to live up to the commitment to stop infiltration not encourage it,” a senior BSF official told IANS.
Pakistani Rangers, sources told IANS, denied any involvement in the firing incident.
Sources said that the Indian border guards would take further steps to intensify the vigil along the 198 km international border.
- Indian, Pakistani forces exchange fire, infiltration foiled (Second Lead) - May 01, 2010
- BSF opens fire near Jammu border - Jun 29, 2011
- Pakistan fires at Indian border post - Aug 15, 2011
- BSF shoots intruder trying to enter India - Jan 21, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani forces exchange fire on border - Dec 13, 2009
- Indian, Pakistani forces trade fire, infiltration foiled (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - May 01, 2010
- Pakistani Rangers fire on Indian post on Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- BSF foils infiltration attempt near Jammu - Dec 22, 2009
- Security forces foil infiltration bid in Jammu region - May 01, 2010
- Infiltration bid foiled near Jammu: BSF (Lead) - Aug 16, 2009
- Pakistani infiltrator killed on border - Mar 28, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Pargwal sector of Akhnoor near Jammu - Jan 09, 2010
- India warns Pakistan against ceasefire violations - May 15, 2011
- BSF trooper injured in firing by Pakistani Rangers - Dec 30, 2011
- BSF trooper killed on Kashmir border, tensions up (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,