BSF delegation arrives in PakistanOctober 27th, 2010 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 27 (IANS) A delegation of India’s Border Security Force (BSF) has reached Lahore city to attend a bi-annual meeting with Pakistan Rangers in which the issues of smuggling and illegal border crossing will be discussed.
The BSF delegation led by Director General Raman Srivastav arrived Tuesday at Rangers Headquarters through Wagah border, Daily Times reported Wednesday.
At the bi-annual meeting, Pakistani delegation would be headed by Punjab Rangers Director General, Maj Gen Muhammad Yaqub.
Yaqub said that smuggling, illegal border crossing, violation of border and other issues would be taken up in the meeting.
Srivastav said that Pakistan Rangers had done well to stop border crimes and terrorism.
- Indian, Pakistani border guards start dialogue - Jul 02, 2012
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to meet in Delhi - Jul 01, 2012
- Flag-lowering ceremony at Wagah border to become history - Oct 30, 2010
- BSF, Pakistani Rangers agree on minimum detention of fishermen - Oct 30, 2010
- India-Pakistan border guards meet at Wagah-Attari check post - Aug 09, 2010
- There is no infiltration into India: Pakistan Rangers - Mar 28, 2010
- BSF-Pakistan Rangers meeting starts in Punjab - Mar 28, 2010
- BSF to use non-lethal arms along Bangladesh border - Mar 12, 2011
- Pak rejects India's request to tone down Wagah ceremony - Nov 07, 2010
- Pakistan refuses to stop boot-stomping at Wagah (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani border guards to prevent truce violations - Jul 05, 2012
- BSF, Bangladesh border guards to discuss trans-border issues - Mar 16, 2012
- India, Pak agree to joint border patrolling, sharing info on practice firing - Oct 17, 2008
- Indian, Bangladesh border guards to increase vigil - Mar 19, 2012
- India gives list of terror camps to Bangladesh - Sep 30, 2011