Briton killed in Afghan police shootingJuly 23rd, 2012 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 23 (IANS) An Afghan soldier shot dead three foreigners, including a British citizen, who were training police recruits, the Guardian reported Monday.
The attack took place in western Afghanistan’s Herat city Sunday.
The gunman, who targeted the police mentors - all civilians employed by Nato - was stationed at the regional police training centre on the outskirts of Herat.
He was shot dead after he opened fire.
- Training halted for Afghan police recruits - Sep 02, 2012
- Civilian, NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan - May 31, 2010
- Six NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan - Aug 11, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- US imposes sanctions on key Taliban bomb-maker - Mar 03, 2012
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO soldier - Feb 01, 2012
- Two Britons among dead in Kabul attack - Oct 30, 2011
- Rogue Afghan soldier kills two British troops in southern Afghanistan - Mar 26, 2012
- Spain to begin troop withdrawals from Afghanistan in 2012 - Jun 24, 2011
- Taliban's 'spring offensive' continues in Afghanistan - Apr 16, 2012
- US soldier kills 17 in Afghan shooting rampage - Mar 11, 2012
- Two US civilians, 10 Afghans killed in attacks - Jul 21, 2010
- Dozens of suspected Afghan insurgents killed in latest NATO operations - Dec 12, 2010
- Blasts rock Kabul as security forces fight Taliban (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Eight US soldiers among 25 killed in Afghanistan - Jul 14, 2010