Briton held for running over Asian-origin kidsAugust 21st, 2012 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 21 (IANS) A 36-year-old Briton has been arrested after he ran over two Asian-origin children - aged two and 10 - with his car in Leeds.
Cops found CCTV footage of a silver-grey Vauxhall Astra fleeing the scene after hitting toddler Rayhan Saleem and his 10-year-old sister Sabah, The Sun reported.
Monday night, West Yorkshire Police arrested a man from Leeds on suspicion of dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and failing to report an accident. Police also recovered a vehicle.
The kids were crossing the road at a speed bump outside their home in Hyde Park, Leeds, Saturday after buying onions for their mother, who was making a meal to celebrate Eid.
The accident took place on Brudenell Road, near the Makkah Masjid Mosque in Leeds.
Both children suffered massive head injuries, and Sabah is still critical after surgery.
Rayhan has been moved out of the intensive care unit at Leeds General Infirmary.
Their aunt, Saima Rafique, said Sabah’s condition was very serious. “We want her home. I really want my princess home,” the woman said.
- Three Britons held for running over Asian-origin kids (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Asian-origin kids run over by car in Britain - Aug 19, 2012
- Two Toddlers Drown In River, Mother Shaquan Duley Arrested - Aug 17, 2010
- Prince Harry back with lingerie model - Dec 19, 2011
- Learner driver jailed for killing 9 year old - Dec 22, 2011
- Boy of three is Britain's youngest vandal - Jul 02, 2011
- Brit man vows to get back on motorbike after three resuscitations, 38 ops - Feb 23, 2011
- Millionaire and Segway owner Jimi Heselden dies after driving off cliff - Sep 28, 2010
- 30 kids injured in Germany bus accident - Aug 23, 2012
- Eight killed in China road accident - Jun 30, 2012
- Rescuers feared Gascoigne was dead after car crash - Jun 15, 2010
- Man plunges to death after girlfriend - Sep 03, 2011
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Helen Flanagan has a car accident - Nov 11, 2011
- Mother of drowned children admits suffocating them before placing car into the river - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: asian origin, briton, dangerous driving, eid, hyde park, intensive care unit, leeds general infirmary, makkah masjid, massive head injuries, monday night, mosque, onions, sabah, saleem, silver grey, speed bump, suspicion, vauxhall astra, west yorkshire police, yorkshire