British security personnel for Cameron during Pakistan tripApril 5th, 2011 - 12:19 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 5 (IANS) British security personnel will take care of the security arrangements for British Prime Prime Minister David Cameron during his day-long visit Tuesday, a media report said.
Dawn quoted sources as saying that British security experts, who arrived here Monday, brought with them special explosive-proof vehicles and ambulances.
The British team will tackle the security arrangements for Cameron while the Islamabad police will be deployed along the travel route.
Pakistani security personnel will not be part of the Cameron’s motorcade during his travel to the city and back to the airport.
The media report said that a medical ward at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) has been placed on standby to handle any emergency during the visit.
Besides the medical arrangements at the hospital, the aircraft carrying the British security team would also be equipped with mobile hospital facilities and staff.
Sharpshooters will be deployed on rooftops along the route.
“Special security measures, usually put in place for the visiting heads of state, are being made” for Cameron, police official Hamid Mukhtar Gondal was quoted as saying.
- No Pakistani personnel included in Cameron's inner security cover during Islamabad trip - Apr 05, 2011
- High security in place for Independence Day in Delhi - Aug 14, 2011
- Police deployed at rooftops in old Delhi - Aug 13, 2011
- Tight security in place for BRICS summit - Mar 27, 2012
- Delhi put on high alert ahead of Republic Day - Jan 21, 2012
- BRICS summit venue turns into fortress - Mar 28, 2012
- 2,000 cops deployed for Zardari's Delhi visit - Apr 06, 2012
- Delhi set to receive Obama - Nov 07, 2010
- Two suspects detained for role in Taseer killing - Jan 08, 2011
- 13,500 troops to be deployed for London Olympics - Dec 16, 2011
- 8,000 Rangers to guard Karachi during Muharram - Nov 26, 2011
- Teen held stealing 200 blood bags in Pakistan - Feb 26, 2012
- Republic Day: Security beefed up, traffic diversions announced - Jan 21, 2011
- Pakistan to probe plane crash that killed 127 (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Traffic arrangements put in place as President Obama arrives Delhi - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: david cameron, explosive proof, gondal, medical ward, minister david, mobile hospital, motorcade, pakistan institute of medical sciences, pakistan trip, pims, police official, report said that, rooftops, security arrangements, security experts, security personnel, security team, sharpshooters, special security, travel route