Bomb scare hits rail services in BangladeshJuly 7th, 2012 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, July 7 (IANS) Train services on two routes in northwest Bangladesh were suspended Saturday after a bomb-like object was found lying on a rail track in Dinajpur, along the border with India’s West Bengal state.
Residents of Bochaganj sub-district saw a box connected by two wires that was lying on the rail track around 9 a.m., and informed railway officials, the Daily Star reported.
Trains between Dinajpur-Panchagarh and Dinajpur-Thakurgaon were suspended.
A nine-member bomb disposal squad reached the spot around 3 p.m. and examined the box, but did not say whether it was an explosive.
Dinajpur is around 280 km from Dhaka.
- Seven killed in two accidents in Bangladesh - Jul 17, 2011
- Train bombing attempt foiled in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2012
- Bomb blast damages railway track in Pakistan - Nov 03, 2010
- Bomb scare disrupts train services in West Bengal - Sep 20, 2010
- Blast derails India-bound train in Pakistan - Dec 04, 2010
- Three injured in explosions at rail tracks in three Pakistani cities - Feb 11, 2011
- One killed in explosion at railway station in West Bengal - Jan 06, 2011
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- Crude bombs found on rail tracks in northwest India, day after deadly train disaster - May 29, 2010
- India-bound Thar Express escapes blast near Karachi, two compartments derailed - Dec 04, 2010
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life, cop killed (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Two hurt in Karachi rail track blasts - Feb 11, 2011
- Suspicious object found in Ambala's army area - Feb 15, 2010
- Bag causes bomb scare in Delhi Metro train (Lead) - Aug 28, 2009
- Bomb scare at Delhi market - Jun 30, 2011