Blasts rock Pakistan, 11 killedSeptember 18th, 2012 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 18 (IANS) At least six people, including a girl, were killed in twin bomb blasts that rocked a market in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi, while five people died and 13 injured when a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into a bus carrying Shia Muslim pilgrims near Quetta, media reports said.
Witness in Karachi told Geo News an explosion took place in a garbage pile near Hyderi market while the second went off in a car. At least 10 people were rushed to hospital in ambulances.
The powerful blasts destroyed two vehicles and shattered windows of many cars parked in the vicinity.
In August, police had recovered and defused many explosives planted in the same area where Tuesday’s blasts took place.
Meanwhile, at least five people were killed and 13 injured when a suicide bomber rammed his explosives-laden car into a bus carrying Shia pilgrims on the Quetta-Tuftan road in Mastung district of Balochistan, Xinhua reported.
Officials said the bus, coming from Iran and on its way to Quetta, was carrying around 30 pilgrims.
The bus caught fire and was burnt completely.
Three people died on the spot. Police shifted the injured to a hospital in Quetta where two people succumbed to injuries.
Irfan Shah Gharsheen, deputy commissioner of Mastung, confirmed that it was a suicide attack, where three security personnel were also injured.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Suicide bomber gunned down in Pakistan - Apr 27, 2012
- 10 die in Pakistan suicide bombing - Aug 31, 2011
- Ten dead in Somalia bombing - Feb 09, 2012
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Seven die in Iraq bomb attack - May 22, 2011
- Suicide blast kills one in Pakistan's Quetta city - Apr 07, 2011
- Two school kids killed in Syria bombing - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: ambulances, balochistan, blasts rock, bomb blasts, deputy commissioner, explosion, explosives, garbage pile, geo news, islamabad, karachi, many cars, muslim pilgrims, quetta, security personnel, shia muslim, suicide attack, suicide bomber, vicinity, xinhua