Blast kills six in Pakistan’s tribal regionDecember 5th, 2008 - 6:53 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 5 (Xinhua) At least six people were killed Friday when a powerful bomb exploded in a busy marketplace in Pakistan’s Orakzai tribal district, a media report said.There was a heavy rush of people when the bomb exploded, the News Network International (NNI) news agency reported.
Six people were killed and five injured in the blast, it said. The injured were rushed to a hospital.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
Officials said the bomb was detonated through a remote control device.
Orakzai, located in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, has witnessed a surge in sectarian violence in recent months.
- 10 die in Pakistan bombing - Jul 18, 2012
- One dead in Pakistan blast - Feb 15, 2012
- Three killed, 20 hurt in Pakistan bombing - Apr 29, 2012
- Seven killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- 10 die in Pakistan blasts (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Two kids killed in Pakistan blast - Dec 31, 2011
- 10 killed in Pak roadside bomb blast - Sep 09, 2010
- Boy dies in Pakistan blast - Mar 07, 2012
- Five killed as blast hits van in Pakistan - Mar 13, 2012
- Eight killed in Pakistan blast (Second Lead) - May 28, 2011
- Three killed in Pakistan roadside bombing - Feb 29, 2012
- Six die in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- One killed, 11 hurt in Peshawar bombing (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- One dead, 12 injured in bomb blast in southern Thailand - Feb 21, 2011
- Eight killed, seven injured in Pak bomb blasts - Aug 23, 2010