Blast kills at least 25 in Pakistan (Lead)February 5th, 2009 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 5 (Xinhua) At least 25 people were killed and around 30 others injured Thursday in a bomb blast in Pakistan’s eastern Punjab Province, local TV reports said.The blast occurred during a procession taken out to mark the Hazrat Imam Hussain martyrdom anniversary in Wadani area in Dera Ghazi Khan City of the province.
Witnesses said they saw bodies and scores of others injured lying on the road shortly after the blast.
The bomb exploded outside the Wadani Imam Bargha mosque located near a bus station in the city centre.
The Markazai Shia Council said that it had informed the local police about a possible terrorist attack, and complained that no action was taken to beef up the security in the area.
Meanwhile, hospitals have appealed to people to donate blood for the wounded, the reports said.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Zardari, Gilani condemn bomb blast (Second Lead) - Feb 06, 2009
- Blast kills at least six in Pakistan - Feb 05, 2009
- 19 injured in Afghan mosque blast - Aug 03, 2012
- 38 die in Iran mosque attack (Second Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- Rehman Malik thanks Taliban for not attacking Shias - Dec 07, 2011
- One killed, 26 hurt in Peshawar blast - Dec 16, 2010
- Mumbai's Muslims take out Muharram processions - Dec 06, 2011
- 10 die in Pakistan suicide bombing - Aug 31, 2011
- Terror attack at Iran mosque - Dec 15, 2010
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Restrictions in some Srinagar areas to prevent trouble - Dec 06, 2011
- Six die in Pakistan shrine blast (Second Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Suicide bombing in Pakistan kills 27, injures 90 (Fourth Lead) - Dec 15, 2009
- People slam Lahore police for beefing up security 'after' suicide blast - Jan 26, 2011
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: bomb blast, bus station, dera ghazi khan, hazrat imam, hospitals, local tv, martyrdom anniversary, mosque, pakistan, possible terrorist attack, procession, punjab province, shia, tv reports, xinhua