Blast derails India-bound train in PakistanDecember 4th, 2010 - 10:50 am ICT by IANS
Karachi, Dec 4 (IANS) A blast on railway tracks near Karachi early Saturday derailed two bogies of the Thar Express, which was travelling from this southern port city of Pakistan to Rajasthan in India, Geo TV reported. No casualties were reported.
The train with 155 passengers, including 50 Indians, on board derailed due to the blast triggered by the explosives planted on the up-track near Dhabeji, 67 km from Karachi. No loss of life or injury was reported, sources said.
Pakistan Railways said the service would soon be resumed after the completion of repair work at the track. Traffic on the down track was uninterrupted.
The train set out at 11.55 p.m. from Karachi and was running late by around one hour due to unknown reasons. It is headed to Bhagat Ki Kothi in Rajasthan.
Rescuers, railways and police officials, who arrived at the incident site, confirmed the blast was aimed at hitting the Thar Express.
A bomb disposal squad has seized parts of the damaged rail track and explosives found from the scene and further investigations were on, police said.
- India-bound Thar Express escapes blast near Karachi, two compartments derailed - Dec 04, 2010
- One killed in Pakistan as militants attack rail tracks - Feb 25, 2012
- Bomb blast damages railway track in Pakistan - Nov 03, 2010
- Train bombing attempt foiled in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2012
- Two hurt in Karachi rail track blasts - Feb 11, 2011
- Three dead as blast derails train in Pakistan - Aug 29, 2012
- 3 killed, 50 injured when trains collide near Karachi - Sep 17, 2012
- Blast damages rail track in Pakistan - Nov 02, 2010
- Fifteen die as train derails in West Bengal (Third Lead) - May 28, 2010
- Assam on high alert after train bombing - Jul 11, 2011
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 10 injured as Vidarbha Express rams into derailed local train - Jul 20, 2012
- Train to Pakistan - a journey not so pleasant - Jun 28, 2011
- Blast on railway track in West Bengal, train derailed - May 28, 2010
- 20 die as train derails after suspected Maoist sabotage (Fourth Lead) - May 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,