Blast at religious shrine in Pakpattan kills fourOctober 25th, 2010 - 11:33 am ICT by ANI
Pakpattan(Pakistan), Oct 25 (ANI): Four people were killed in a blast at a religious shrine in Pakpattan district in the Punjab province of Pakistan on Monday.
According to police, the blast took place near the gate of Dargah Hazrat Baba Farid Ganjshakar, The News reported.
Rescue teams have reached the spot, and injured were being shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital.
Just a few days back, the Punjab Home Department had issued two circulars to the Punjab IG, the capital city police officer, all regional police officers, city police officers and district police officers, directing them to immediately put security across the province on high alert following intelligence reports of planned terror attacks.
The intelligence reports had revealed that terrorists had planned to launch attacks on religious leaders and activists of two particular sects and their business interests. (ANI)
- Six die in Pakistan shrine blast (Second Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- 'Sufi shrines being targeted to cause sectarian conflicts' - Oct 26, 2010
- 23 terrorists enter Islamabad, Lahore to attack police, buildings: Intelligence report - Oct 24, 2010
- Six killed in Pakistan Sufi shrine blast (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- 'Sufi shrines targeted to trigger sectarian conflicts in Pakistan' (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Shrines in Pak Punjab province at risk of terror attacks in absence of security measures - Oct 25, 2010
- Pak Taliban planning countrywide attacks on mosques, shrines on Eid-ul-Azha - Nov 09, 2010
- Chinese engineers' security enhanced in Pak Punjab following terror threats - Jul 07, 2010
- 16 killed in Pakistan blast, no terror link (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Khalistan terrorist held in Amritsar (Lead) - May 30, 2010
- Pak intelligence agencies warn of terrorist attacks in Lahore - Aug 31, 2010
- Ajmer dargah security being beefed up after ministry censure - Jul 04, 2011
- 18 killed in Pakistan bombing (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Triple blasts rock Pakistan shrine, 30 killed (Second Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- 42 dead, over 100 injured in Pakistan triple blasts - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: activists, baba farid, business interests, circulars, city police officer, city police officers, district headquarters, district police officers, few days, ig, intelligence reports, pakistan, pakpattan, punjab province, regional police, religious leaders, religious shrine, sects, terror, terrorists