‘Black don’t crack’ Hamilton aiming longer F1 stint than even SchumacherMarch 26th, 2011 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 26(ANI): British Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has said that he may carry on racing into his 40s, saying that ‘black don’t crack’.
The 26-year-old reckons that he could carry on even longer than 42-year-old Michael Schumacher.
“I could be here even longer than Michael. My dad, Anthony, looks just as young as Michael. He could be racing right now. I know that I will look younger than my dad because I’ve worked harder on my fitness. That’s what I keep telling him,” the Sun quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I can’t rule anything out. I love racing. So, as long as I’m fit and enjoying what I’m doing then it’s not a job. And I’m good at it and will continue to do it. Black don’t crack, as they say,” he added.
Hamilton, however, insists that he has not targeted overhauling Schumacher’s record of seven world crowns.
“The sky’s the limit - as many titles as I can get in the time I’m here. You look at Sebastien Loeb, Valentino Rossi, Michael, the legendary racers from their eras and I would love to be part of that. I’m not saying eight world championships is what I want. I’ve always wanted to win three like Ayrton Senna,” Hamilton said.
“I’ve always wanted to emulate him. But I’m focusing on what’s important now and that’s winning the second world championship,” he added. (ANI)
- I have come back to be No.1 again: Schumacher - Oct 27, 2011
- Son of Formula One idol unharmed after crash - Jun 04, 2012
- Schumi has lost the edge, says old rival Frentzen - Dec 20, 2011
- Schumacher writes off 2010 F-1 season as all time career low - Jul 10, 2010
- My parents would be terrified if I said them about death on tracks: Hamilton - Aug 01, 2010
- Aggressive, fearless style of driving got me where I am today: Hamilton - Feb 06, 2011
- The importance of numbers in Formula One - Oct 25, 2011
- Hamilton to McLaren: I'm not Young, and I want to win - Jul 17, 2012
- Hamilton wants to win two more F1 world titles - Mar 22, 2009
- Drugs made George Michael lose 15 pounds - Mar 11, 2011
- Hamilton undaunted by Button challenge - May 07, 2010
- Chinese hurdler Liu hints London Games his last - Feb 18, 2012
- From Senna to Irrfan, through Asif Kapadia's lens - Mar 16, 2012
- Hamilton poses threat to Schumacher's winning comeback - Mar 02, 2010
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: 40s, ace, ayrton senna, crack, crowns, eras, fitness, formula one, job, lewis hamilton, london, michael schumacher, my dad, sebastien loeb, senna, sky, stint, valentino, valentino rossi, world championships