‘Black box’ of Islamabad crash plane foundJuly 31st, 2010 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, July 31(ANI): The black box of the Air Blue plane, which crashed into Margalla Hills near Islamabad on Wednesday, has been recovered.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Director General, Junaid Amin, said that the black box would be sent abroad to retrieve the data.
He also informed that the flight data recorder and the cockpit data recorder have also been recovered, The News reports.
A black box (actually bright orange) is an audio recording device in the cockpit of a plane, which records the conversation of the pilots during a flight.
All 152 people, including six crewmembers, on board the Airbus A321 aircraft were killed when it crashed minutes before landing.
The pilot was reportedly trying to land at Islamabad on schedule at 9.30 a.m., but was told to wait as the airport was busy.
Eyewitnesses said that the plane was flying at a very low altitude near Daman-e-Koh, and it might have crashed due to rough weather. (ANI)
- Black box of crashed Pakistan plane found - Jul 31, 2010
- Black box of ill-fated plane found (Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- 40 survivors found in Islamabad plane crash - Jul 28, 2010
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Pressure fault caused Islamabad crash: Pak CAA official - Jul 29, 2010
- 152 feared killed in plane crash near Islamabad - Jul 28, 2010
- Islamabad crash plane had no technical fault: Airblue CEO - Jul 31, 2010
- Pakistan plane crash: 58 bodies identified, DNA tests on others - Jul 29, 2010
- Mystery over presence of third person in crashed Pak Airblue jet's cockpit - Aug 28, 2010
- Airblue passenger plane crashes in Islamabad, kills all 152 people on board - Jul 28, 2010
- 152 killed as plane crashes into Islamabad's Margalla Hills (Fifth Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- Pakistan aircraft crashed due to communication gap - Aug 04, 2011
- Islamabad crash plane's 'no-fly zone' route puts doubts over Pak air defence system - Jul 29, 2010
- Charter plane crashes in Pakistan's Karachi, killing 21 people - Nov 05, 2010
- Pakistan aircrash: Black box to be taken to US - May 04, 2012
Tags: airbus a321, amin, bright orange, caa, civil aviation authority, cockpit, crash plane, daman, director general, eyewitnesses, flight data recorder, junaid, koh, low altitude, margalla hills, pilot, rough weather