BJP invokes divine intervention for peaceJuly 29th, 2008 - 11:31 pm ICT by ANI
By Kestur Vasuki
Bangalore, July 29 (ANI): Even though the Bangalore police is so far clueless about the identity of the groups involved in serial blasts which rattled IT city, the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has sought divine intervention for peace in the silicon valley.
A homa (yajna) and Rudrabhishekha was performed in Bangalore for Lord Shiva and Hanuman by the Bajrang Seva Samithi at Udaseen Matha at MEG centre for peace in Bangalore and other affected places.
The pooja and homa was offered by the Minister for Medical Education Ramachandre Gowda and host of other BJP leaders.
Talking to ANI, Gowda said this Yajna was performed for the peace in Bangalore and other places.
The city BJP women wing president Pratibha Devi feels the rituals were performed to invoke divine blessings of the gods for peace.
Priest in charge of the rituals Pandit Rajendra Kumar Sharma said this was done to appease gods for peace.
The south India s first rightist BJP government led by Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa is leaving no stone untouched.
They are appeasing gods for peace.
The Rudrabhisheka for Lord Shiva and Sundarakanda Path for lord Hanuman in Bangalore organized and well attended by BJP prayers for peace in Bangalore .
On Friday, eight bomb blasts rocked Bangalore , leaving two dead and 20 injured. On Saturday, a ninth unexploded bomb was found in Bangalore s Koramangala area. (ANI)
- Japanese devotees pray for rains at temples in Rajashthan - Jul 22, 2010
- Lucknow celebrates Mahashivratri with fervour - Mar 02, 2011
- Yeddyurappa's 'black magic' claim may land him in court - Feb 01, 2011
- India celebrates Mahashivratri with fasting and prayers (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2011
- Mumbai priests perform Yajna to appease rain gods - Aug 26, 2009
- Karnataka may ban bizarre tradition at temples - Dec 06, 2011
- Varanasi holds fire ritual to prevent global warming - Feb 06, 2010
- Perform pooja for rains: Karnataka government to temples - Jul 20, 2012
- Fasting, prayers mark Mahashivratri in Delhi - Mar 02, 2011
- One lakh devotees worship god Shiva in Bangalore - Feb 20, 2012
- Rain go away, IPL makes Himachal pray - May 11, 2011
- Delhi celebrates Maha Shivaratri with offerings, fasts and prayers - Feb 20, 2012
- Devotees jump on bed of thorns to please Lord Shiva - Oct 31, 2009
- Now a bizarre temple tradition trips Karnataka government (Karnataka Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- Amarnath pilgrims worship Holy Mace in Srinagar - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: bjp government, bjp leaders, bomb blasts, divine intervention, gowda, homa, koramangala, kumar sharma, lord hanuman, lord shiva, matha, pooja, pratibha, prayers for peace, rajendra kumar, silicon valley, south india, unexploded bomb, vasuki, yajna