Benazirs will names Zardari as next PPP chiefFebruary 5th, 2008 - 5:16 pm ICT by admin
Karachi, Feb.5 (ANI): Pakistan Peoples Party (PPPs) martyred Chairperson Benazir Bhutto’s will was issued on Tuesday afternoon.
The will dated October 16 says that she was proud of the PPP leadership and desirous of a federal and democratic Pakistan.
Paying glowing tribute to PPP Founder Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, she said his steadfastness against dictatorship should be followed by the party at all costs.
The one-page will clearly mentions Asif Ali Zardari as the next chairman of PPP. She wrote that Zardari would lead the party after her.
Earlier addressing a press conference, PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari read his mothers will.
Meanwhile, forensic authorities in Rawalpindi are reconstructing the severed head of a suicide bomber found at the site of an attack on a military bus that left seven people dead on Monday.
Police said they hoped to trace those behind Monday’s bombing which targeted army medical staff going to work in Rawalpindi.
We found the head of the suicide attacker and experts are doing a reconstruction of his face. We have several clues but no lead yet, Rawalpindi police chief Saud Aziz, was quoted, as saying.
Chief military spokesman Major General Athar Abbas said the death toll from Monday’s bombing had risen to seven overnight, with 40 others wounded including seven civilians. (ANI)
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto assassination probe should have started from Musharraf: Aitzaz Ahsan - Dec 25, 2010
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
- Two police officers arrested in Bhutto murder case (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Rahul, Bilawal have much to share - Apr 07, 2012
- Bilawal's Facebook fans discuss India trip - Apr 08, 2012
- Benazir Bhutto assassination probe complete: Malik - Dec 28, 2010
- Eight Pakistani officials suspended over Benazir killing - Apr 19, 2010
- Rahul accepts Bilawal's invite to visit Pakistan - Apr 08, 2012
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Bilawal pledges to return to Pakistan to lead PPP - Dec 15, 2010
- Ailing Zardari rushes to Dubai, refutes resignation rumour - Dec 07, 2011
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: abbas, ali bhutto, army medical, asif ali zardari, athar, benazir bhutto, chairperson, death toll, dictatorship, medical staff, military spokesman, pakistan peoples party, police chief, ppps, rawalpindi, saud, steadfastness, suicide attacker, suicide bomber, tuesday afternoon