Benazirs request for private security was denied by Musharraf says Senator John KerryJanuary 14th, 2008 - 6:04 pm ICT by admin
Washington , Jan 14 (ANI): Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, who was assassinated on December 27, was denied private security by President Pervez Musharraf, US Senator John Kerry has alleged.
Benazir told me shortly before she was assassinated that Musharraf had denied her private security, the Daily Times quoted Kerry as saying.
Refusing to divulge further details, Kerry said that he had contacted the US State Department to arrange security for Benazir after her October 18 homecoming rally was attacked in Karachi in which over 140 people were killed.
The cause of death of Benazir is yet not certain. A Scotland Yard team is assisting Pakistan local investigation team to probe into her death.
Earlier, Benazir wrote an e-mail to her American friend Mark Siegel, saying that if she was harmed in Pakistan she would ”hold Musharraf responsible as she felt insecure by Musharraf’s minions, that specific improvements had not been made to her security arrangements.” (ANI)
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- 'Hostile' Musharraf never wanted Bhutto to return to Pak in 2007 for elections - Apr 24, 2010
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Musharraf included in Benazir murder investigation - Nov 23, 2010
- British government mum on Musharraf's security protocol removal - Apr 27, 2010
- Musharraf is now an accused in Benazir killing - Feb 07, 2011
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Danger for Musharraf if proceedings commenced against him in Benazir murder case - Feb 11, 2011
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Court rejects policemen's plea in Benazir's killing case - Oct 16, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: american friend, benazir bhutto, cause of death, e mail, friend mark, homecoming rally, investigation team, john kerry, karachi, kerry washington, mark siegel, minions, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, private security, scotland yard, security arrangements, senator john kerry, us senator, us state department