Benazir might have been killed by laser gun: PPP spokespersonDecember 31st, 2007 - 1:31 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad, Dec 31 (ANI): Former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto might have been targeted with a laser gun and the injury was fresh till the last moment, said Sherry Rehman, Central Information Secretary of the Pakistan Peoples Party.
She said that the claim of the Interior Ministry was a bid to cover the real culprits and the Pakistan Governments failure to provide security to the leader of the biggest political party of the country.
Rehman said that the tyres of Benazirs vehicle were bust due to the blast and she was taken to hospital in her car.
She said Benazir succumbed to her injuries before reaching the central hospital.
Rehman said that the government should avoid irresponsible statements as such statements could further deteriorate the situation, The Nation reported.
She said the gap created by the assassination of Benazir could never be filled.
Earlier, Rehman claimed that she saw a bullet injury in Benazirs head.
Rehman said that she saw the injury while Benazirs body was being washed before the burial in Larkana on Friday.
“I was actually part of the party which bathed her body before the funeral,” a foreign news agency quoted Rehman, as saying.
“There was a bullet wound I saw that went in from the back of her head and came out the other side,” said Rehman, adding, “We could not even wash her properly because the wound was still seeping. She lost a huge amount of blood.”
She also rubbished the Pakistan Governments claim that Benazir died after her head hit the sunroof of car.
Rehman, who was in Benazirs motorcade at the time of the gun and suicide attack, said that her car was used to transport Benazir to hospital.
“The hospital was made to change its statement. They never gave a proper report,” the Dawn quoted her, as saying.
“I believe the interior ministry is saying that she died from some concussion that may have taken place against the sunroof. This is ridiculous, dangerous nonsense because it is a cover-up of what actually happened,” Rehman said.
Benazir was assassinated on Thursday after she addressed a public meeting in Rawalpindi. (ANI)
- Musharraf is now an accused in Benazir killing - Feb 07, 2011
- Benazir killing: Malik in dark about Musharraf being named accused - Feb 08, 2011
- Malik should've told Benazir not to look out, says top cop - Dec 30, 2010
- PPP spokesperson claims she saw bullet injury in Benazirs head - Dec 29, 2007
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Key witness in Benazir Bhutto assassination probe leaves Pak without prior permission - Dec 28, 2010
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Police officer told to leave venue before attack on Bhutto: Report - Oct 23, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik - Mar 26, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Benazir assassination plot hatched at brigadier's home: report - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: benazir bhutto, concussion, culprits, dangerous nonsense, foreign news, former prime minister, information secretary, interior ministry, irresponsible statements, larkana, laser gun, last moment, motorcade, news agency, pakistan peoples party, sherry rehman, spokesperson, suicide attack, sunroof, tyres