Benazir Bhutto’s assassins arrested: MalikMarch 26th, 2011 - 11:36 am ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, Mar 26(ANI): The assassins of former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto have been arrested and the facts of the case will be made public soon, Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said.
Benazir was targeted in a gun and bomb attack as she was leaving Liaqat Bagh in Rawalpindi after addressing a public rally on December 27, 2007.
“We have all the information about the assassins of Benazir Bhutto regarding where they came from, the car they used, where they stayed and where the plot was hatched,” The Nation quoted Malik, as saying while talking to media persons after the inauguration ceremony of a passport office in Gujjar Khan, Rawalpindi.
The Benazir assassination investigation report would be first presented before the Central Executive Committee (CEC) of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), which would decide whether the report should be made public or not.
Malik said that the government had fulfilled its promise made to the masses to arrest Benazir’s killers.
It is noteworthy that former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has also been implicated in the Benazir murder case, and has been served a non-bailable arrest warrant thrice in this regard, but has failed to appear before the court so far.
Musharraf is alleged to have been part of a “broad conspiracy” to have his political rival Benazir killed before elections, though the exact nature of the charges against him is not clear. (ANI)
- Musharraf's arrest warrant issued for 'third time' in Benazir murder case - Mar 05, 2011
- FIA sends Musharraf's arrest warrant to Pak High Commission in London - Mar 07, 2011
- Pak probe agency gets 15 days to produce Musharraf in court in BB murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Pakistan has not yet requested Britain for Musharraf's extradition: Cameron - Apr 06, 2011
- Musharraf's interview presented in court in connection with Benazir assassination case - Apr 23, 2011
- Musharraf charged with providing Baitullah with 'opportunity to murder Benazir' - Feb 12, 2011
- Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf - Feb 13, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
- Pak FIA told to produce Musharraf in court on March 26 - Mar 19, 2011
- Pak not pursuing Musharraf's extradition from UK: Rehman Malik - Feb 23, 2011
- PPP not to unveil Benazir Bhutto assassination report - Apr 04, 2011
- UK rejects Pak's application for repatriation of Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Mar 13, 2011
- Musharraf's supporters in global protests against arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: arrest warrant, assassins, bagh, bailable, benazir bhutto, bomb attack, central executive committee, exact nature, gujjar, inauguration ceremony, interior minister, investigation report, media persons, military ruler, passport office, pervez musharraf, political rival, public rally, rawalpindi, rehman malik