Balochistan riot continue for fourth dayApril 13th, 2009 - 6:39 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, Apr. 13 (ANI): One police constable has been killed and several others were injured in rampant riots that erupted in Balochistan following the murder of three Baloch nationalist leaders.
Banks, vehicles and government offices were set on fire in different towns and a complete wheel-jam and shutter-down strike paralyzed life in Balochistan, The Nation reports.
The strike call was jointly given by all Baloch nationalist parties.
During the fourth day of Balochistan violence, all shops and business centres remained closed on Sariab Road, Brewery Road, Liaquat Bazaar, Jinnah Road, Joint Road and other areas in Quetta.
Angry mob blocked various roads of the city by burning old tires and erecting barricades. Different groups of protestors pelted stones on vehicles in different areas.
“Due to timely action, fire was extinguished and bank was saved from complete destruction by fire-brigade,” said a police official.
Strict security arrangements were made in provincial capital where police backed by Frontier Corps and Balochistan Constabulary were deployed in different areas to maintain law and order.
Protesters blocked the Quetta-Karachi highway at two places in Mastung.
Pak-Iran and Quetta-Sibi national highways were also blocked in different areas. (ANI)
- Rail track, gas pipeline blown up in Pakistan - Jul 22, 2012
- 19 NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Aug 22, 2011
- Four policemen killed in Pakistan - Jun 09, 2012
- Anti-peace forces behind Baluch leaders' killings - Apr 09, 2009
- Gunmen execute 10 road workers in southwest Pakistan - Sep 15, 2012
- 'Foreign hands' involved in Balochistan unrest: Lashkari - Jul 07, 2010
- Shutter-down strike in Sindh against MQM leader's killing - May 01, 2011
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- 15 killed as a bus set on fire in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Two NGO workers killed in Pakistan - Mar 29, 2012
- Rocket attack kills four in Pakistan - Mar 23, 2011
- One killed in NATO tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 03, 2011
- Three more people abducted by "government agencies" in Balochistan - Dec 22, 2010
- Strike over attack on family of Pakistan politician - Feb 04, 2012
- Balochistan CM strongly condemns killings of eleven people by gunmen in Gwadar - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: angry mob, baloch, barricades, business centres, constabulary, destruction by fire, fire brigade, government offices, law and order, national highways, nationalist leaders, nationalist parties, police constable, protestors, provincial capital, riots, security arrangements, sibi, strict security, timely action