Balochistan “most dangerous place for journalists in Pakistan”, says press clubDecember 10th, 2010 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
Gwader, Dec 10 (ANI): Balochistan is the most dangerous area in Pakistan, especially for journalists, a resolution issued by the Gwader Press Club has said.
In the current session of the fourth cabinet meeting of the Gwader Press Club, a resolution of condemnation has been issued against the threats to journalism from the establishment of Pakistani state, Frontier India reports.
The club’s cabinet meeting, presided over by its President, Ismail Baloch, has strongly condemned the fatal attack on Chathar press club’s president Mohmad Luqman Banger, and the death threat to the Mashkil journalists.
It is noteworthy that during the Mashkil military operation, the assistance commissioner of the district had summoned all journalists in Mashkil and reprimanded them all for the coverage of the gory military operation in the area. In the resolution it has been declared that Balochistan is the most dangerous area in Pakistan.
According to the statement, an international Journalist body has already declared Balochistan a most dangerous place for journalists after the under detention brutal murder of Lala Hameed.
It noted that many deaths and fatal attacks on journalists had occurred in Balochistan during the current year.
The GPC statement said that all Balochistan journalists were united, and called upon international media related bodies to stand by them. (ANI)
- 'Censorship on journalists a threat to democracy' - May 02, 2012
- Bangladesh journalists protest couple's killing - Feb 12, 2012
- Journalist shot dead in Pakistan - Dec 15, 2010
- Mumbai politicians, activists condemn Mid Day scribe's murder - Jun 11, 2011
- Journalists in Manipur protest against threats by KCP faction - Jul 09, 2010
- Seven Pakistani scribes killed in 2011; 29 in fivc years - Dec 21, 2011
- Shahzad was killed for reporting truth: Pakistani daily - Jun 01, 2011
- 22 journalists killed in four years in Balochistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Pakistan to review all accords with US, NATO: Gilani - Dec 05, 2011
- Pakistan slams US bill on Balochistan - Feb 18, 2012
- Pakistan world's deadliest country for journalists: CPJ - Dec 16, 2010
- Senior crime journalist shot dead in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- "Pak journalists caught in vice between terrorists, local govt. officials": Media watchdog - Nov 17, 2010
- Manipur scribes protest threat issued by militant group - Jun 27, 2010
- Journalist Luiz Marina Paz Shot Dead By Motorbike Gunmen - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: baloch, banger, brutal murder, cabinet meeting, condemnation, dangerous area, dangerous place, death threat, deaths, frontier, gwader, hameed, international journalist, ismail, journalism, journalists, luqman, military operation, mohmad, pakistan