Balochistan formally asks Pak Govt to hand over control of FCDecember 4th, 2010 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 4(ANI): Balochistan has demanded that the federal government should hand over control of the Frontier Constabulary to the provincial government to enable it to handle the law and order situation in the province in a more effective manner.
Balochistan Governor Nawab Zulfiqar Ali Magsi formally conveyed the demand to President Asif Ali Zardari during a meeting at the Presidency on Friday, the Dawn reports.
President’s spokesman Farhatullah Babar said Magsi and Zardari discussed the law and order situation in Balochistan.
Sources in the presidency revealed that Magsi stressed the Balochistan problem would remain unresolved unless the command and control of FC was given to the provincial government.
The FC has been fighting outlaws and insurgents in some areas of Balochistan under the direct command of Pakistan’s Interior Ministry.
Zardari reiterated the government’s commitment to bring Balochistan on a par with other provinces in terms of development, and to address people’s grievances and their sense of deprivation. (ANI)
- Pakistani provincial minister quits - Nov 19, 2011
- Zardari takes note of extortion complaints in Karachi - Mar 17, 2012
- US can do 'whatever it pleases' as it is paying money to Pak : Baloch governor - Dec 06, 2009
- Zardari forms panel to talk to Hindus - Aug 11, 2012
- Pakistan to seek $1 bn from NATO - May 20, 2012
- Pakistani president monitors flood work - Sep 21, 2011
- When two Pakistani ministers quarrelled - Aug 23, 2011
- Zardari seeks report on killing of Hindu doctors - Nov 08, 2011
- Balochistan chief minister escapes bid on life (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Magsi urges Pak army chief to help trace 'missing' Baloch people - Jan 04, 2011
- Balochistan's grievances need quick redress: Governor - Apr 29, 2009
- Pak SC accepts 'contempt of court' petition against Musharraf, Shaukat Aziz - Dec 03, 2010
- Zardari's resignation rumour false, says his spokesman - Dec 07, 2011
- Balochistan problems cannot be resolved at gunpoint: Sharif - Nov 28, 2010
- Reopening Zulfikar Ali Bhutto case will strengthen Pak judiciary: Awan - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: asif ali zardari, babar, constabulary, dawn, federal government, frontier, grievances, insurgents, interior ministry, islamabad, law and order, nawab, outlaws, pak govt, pakistan, presidency, provincial government, spokesman, zulfiqar