Baloch outfit extends deadline for fulfillment of its demandsFebruary 16th, 2009 - 6:31 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Feb.16 (ANI): The Balochistan Liberation United Front (BLUF), which claimed the responsibility of kidnapping the head of the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), John Solecki, has extended the deadline it had set for the authorities to meet its demands.
We are giving more days for the government to accept our demands, The Dawn quoted a spokesman of the BLUF, Shahiq Baloch, as saying.
Earlier, the extremist group had given a deadline of 72 hours for authorities, and had threatened that they would kill the official if their demands are not met within the stipulated time.
The militants demanded an UN intervention to secure the release of 141 women in Pakistani torture cells, provide information about more than 6,000 missing persons, and resolve the issue of Baloch independence under the Geneva Convention.
Solecki was abducted from Quetta on February 2, following an ambush in which his driver was killed. (ANI)
- Pakistani kidnappers set four-day deadline to kill UN official - Mar 02, 2009
- UN officials mother appeals for sons early, safe return - Feb 22, 2009
- Pak accepts abductors demand for UN officials safe return - Mar 06, 2009
- BLUF sets 48-hour deadline for Solecki''s release - Mar 17, 2009
- UN seeks contact with Soleckis abductors through trusted intermediary - Feb 21, 2009
- Terrorist outfit says abducted UNHCR official Solecki is alive - Feb 23, 2009
- Pakistan's help sought as deadline for UN hostage nears - Mar 05, 2009
- Meet demands or we would kill UN official: Baloch group - Feb 08, 2009
- Captors set new deadline for UN hostage in Pakistan - Mar 02, 2009
- Fate of UN hostage in Pakistan hangs in balance - Feb 14, 2009
- UN seeks direct contact with Solecki''s kidnappers - Feb 17, 2009
- UN hostage said to have been killed is alive (Lead) - Feb 23, 2009
- Freed UN official flown to US - Apr 05, 2009
- UN hostage deadline extended in Pakistan - Feb 16, 2009
- UN in direct contact with Soleckis abductors to ensure his safe return - Feb 15, 2009
Tags: abducted, ambush, authorities, balochistan, bluf, cells, dawn, extremist group, february 2, fulfillment, geneva convention, liberation, militants, missing persons, quetta, solecki, spokesman, united front, united nations high commission, united nations high commission for refugees