Baloch leaders call for end to military operations in BalochistanFebruary 9th, 2009 - 8:00 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, Feb.9 (ANI): The Balochistan All Parties Conference (BAPC) has called for an immediate end to military operations in Balochistan and the immediate release of nearly 6000 missing persons, who they claim have been languishing in torture cells for years.
The demand was made at a meeting in Quetta. Representatives of the Hazara Democratic Party, the Balochistan National Party, the Awami National Party, the Jamiat Ulema Islam, the Jamhoori Watan Party, the Jamaat Islami and other political groups attended the meeting.
The demand comes a week after top retired Pakistani military officials urged the Yousuf Raza Gilani Government to register cases against former President Pervez Musharraf and bring him to justice for imposing emergency in 2007 and ordering an army operation against the radical Lal Masjid.
The Pakistan Ex-Servicemen’’s Association adopted a unanimous resolution in this regard, which also called for legal action against Musharraf for the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti in an army operation in 2006.
Pakistans crimes against the Baloch people are not new. Pakistans forceful occupation and illegal annexing of Balochistan and exploitation of Baloch resource are the root causes of Baloch insurgencies. The Baloch people have fought and are still fighting against the illegal occupation of their land and exploitation of their resources (gas, oil and gold), which Pakistan has been looting for the past 58 years, leaving for Baloch people nothing but backwardness, torture, execution, military operation and genocide. Here are few examples of Pakistans crime and human right violations against Baloch people in Balochistan. (ANI)
- Musharraf was involved in my father's murder, says Talal Akbar Bugti - Sep 26, 2010
- Now, a declaration 'justifying' killing Musharraf for his unpardonable crimes - Oct 24, 2010
- Baloch leader announces Rs.1 bn to kill Musharraf - Oct 10, 2010
- Baloch leader announces Rs.1 bn to kill Musharraf (Lead, Correcting figure) - Oct 10, 2010
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistan's ex-brigadier ready to testify against Musharraf - Oct 09, 2010
- Pak ATC transfers Shahzain Bugti's case to sessions court - Jan 01, 2011
- Baloch leaders demand Musharraf's trial for Bugti's assassination - Dec 08, 2009
- Musharraf plotted Benazir's assassination: Talal Bugti - Apr 09, 2010
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- SC petition filed for 'red warrants' against Musharraf in Bugti case - Jun 22, 2010
- Nawaz sees conspiracies in Pakistan apex court's defiance - Mar 25, 2012
- Talal Bugti announces bounty on Musharraf's head - Oct 10, 2010
- Baloch leader says civilian govt asks them to seek Army's help to resolve issues - Feb 22, 2010
- Musharraf aide seeks FIR against Bugti over 'billion rupee bounty on his head' bid - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: army operation, awami national party, bugti, gas oil, illegal occupation, jamaat islami, jamiat, lal masjid, military officials, military operation, military operations, missing persons, nationalist leader, pervez musharraf, political groups, quetta, ulema, unanimous resolution, watan, yousuf