Baitullah Mehsud ready for talks with new Pak GovernmentFebruary 25th, 2008 - 2:18 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad, Feb.25 (ANI): Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud has said that he is ready for talks with the new government if it stops President Musharrafs war on terror in tribal areas.
The Taliban do not want hostile relations with the new government and are ready for talks with political parties for a lasting peace in the NWFP and the tribal region, Baitullahs spokesman Maulvi Umar told journalists on phone from an undisclosed location.
Baitullahs men had earlier this month declared a ceasefire in South Waziristan where elections were postponed because of clashes.
According to the Dawn, Maulvi Umar expressed the hope that the new government would not follow the flawed policies of President Musharraf and would respect the peoples mandate.
We are ready for negotiations with the new government if it doesnt re-impose a war on us. If it (new government) continues with the policies of President Musharraf we will resume our activities, he warned.
He welcomed the victory of opposition parties in the elections and said they had won because of sacrifices rendered by the local Taliban. (ANI)
- Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud's brother killed in Pak - Nov 01, 2010
- Top ISI official faces grilling over providing content for BB murder press conference - Mar 15, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto was killed by the Taliban: report - Nov 16, 2010
- Musharraf charged with providing Baitullah with 'opportunity to murder Benazir' - Feb 12, 2011
- Pakistani Taliban leader possibly killed in U.S. drone strike - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistan Taliban leader denies Mehsud's death (Lead) - Aug 08, 2009
- Pak Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud's aide arrested in Karachi - Feb 23, 2011
- Pak Army calls Baitullah Mehsud, Fazlullah patriotic Pakistanis - Dec 01, 2008
- Pakistan to create immigration system along Afghan border - Oct 20, 2011
- Pak govt negotiating with Taliban in North Waziristan before offensive in South Waziristan - Oct 13, 2009
- Pakistani Taliban issues video of ISI spy's execution - Feb 20, 2011
- Five troopers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Dec 24, 2011
- US doubtful about winning war on Pakistan border - Dec 06, 2010
- Plot to attack Pak Parliament building foiled: Malik - Aug 24, 2009
- Pak Taliban gives 5-day ultimatum to NWFP govt to resign or face consequences - Jul 18, 2008
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,