Baby girls benefit the most from breast feedingJune 2nd, 2008 - 3:36 pm ICT by admin
London , June 2 (ANI): Baby girls enjoy the benefits of breast feeding much more than breast-fed boys.
In fact breast- fed babies overall have an upper hand on infants on baby formula, says a new research.
Breast feeding is a step ahead of baby formula in giving infants a number of health advantages and the research indicated that the girls were at greater advantage than boys, as far as benefits from breast milk is concerned, reports Scotsman.
In the research, health experts followed a group of very low birth-weight, pre-term infants in Buenos Aires in order to determine how breast-feeding protects against respiratory infections in babies.
And they discovered that girls who were breast-fed were less vulnerable than boys in developing serious respiratory infections requiring hospital treatment.
This research has highlighted the fact that apart from combating respiratory infections, breast-fed babies get many more health benefits than babies who are given baby formula.
Breast feeding leads to fewer ear, stomach or intestinal infections, as well as digestive problems and allergies. (ANI)
- Breastfeeding key to keeping infant gut healthy - Apr 30, 2012
- Breast milk promotes gut bugs that give baby immunity - Aug 28, 2012
- Breast-feeding babies staves off asthma risk - Jul 22, 2011
- Babies breastfed for six months ward off infections - Sep 28, 2010
- Early nutrition can program person's metabolism, health for future - May 03, 2011
- Why breast milk is the best - May 13, 2010
- 6-month drug regimen 'reduces HIV risk for breastfeeding infants' - Mar 03, 2011
- Teen who were breastfed at birth have stronger leg muscles - Jan 06, 2011
- Breastfeeding 'wards off baby infections' - Sep 28, 2010
- How formulas influence infant's weight gain, obesity risk - Dec 27, 2010
- Nursing mothers more aggressive in defending babies - Sep 01, 2011
- Clever mums, not breast milk, make kids brainier - Jan 21, 2010
- Study: Some baby formulas may cause faster weight gain - Jan 26, 2011
- Cow's milk protects babies from allergies later - Jul 15, 2010
- Breast milk regulates intestinal development - May 13, 2010
Tags: aires, allergies, babies, baby formula, baby girls, breast feeding, breast milk, digestive problems, health advantages, health benefits, health experts, intestinal infections, london, low birth weight, research health, respiratory infections, stomach, term infants