Automaker Ford India launches new fiestaJune 19th, 2008 - 9:39 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , June 19 (ANI): US automaker Ford launched its new sports variant of the mid-sized sedan in New Delhi on Thursday, the Fiesta S that clocks 0-100 kilometres in 11 seconds.
They also launched an upgraded SXI variant of the Fiesta featuring new front grille and headlamps.
Fiesta SXI will be priced at Rs.7,00,000 and Rs.8,14,000 for the petrol and the diesel variants, respectively, in Delhi . Fiesta S will come with a price tag of Rs.7,15,000.
Michael Boneham, President and Managing Director Ford India told media at the launch of the company’s new car that the hike in excise has been incorporated in the price of the car.
To be frank with you the excise hike has been corporated into the pricing we had to do that it was significant and our view is that it is consistent with whatever is going on from across the market with all our competitors and we follow that position, said Michael Boneham.
The government had recently put an additional specific duty of up to Rs 20,000 per car, over and above the regular excise duty of 24 per cent on all large cars, in a bid to dampen growth of fuel-guzzling vehicles. The increase in car prices comes even as fears of a further price escalation are doing the rounds following the jump in steel prices.
Boneham added that the mid-sized sedan, since its launch in the country two-and-a-half years ago has sold more than 65,000 units. (ANI)
- Ford's small car for India by 2010 - Jun 19, 2008
- Ford mulls fresh investments, plant expansion in India - Apr 07, 2011
- Nissan launches mid-size sedan Sunny - Sep 20, 2011
- Ford launches two new variants of Fiesta sedan - Jul 14, 2011
- Ford to invest $72 mn to expand engine plant - May 17, 2011
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Ford's August sales up nine percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Cess on diesel vehicles regressive: Ford India - Feb 16, 2012
- Ford records growth in February sales - Mar 01, 2011
- Honda launches new variant of City sedan - Dec 14, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- Skoda starts production of entry-level sedan Rapid - Oct 07, 2011
- Ford launches small car Figo with four variants - Mar 09, 2010
- Excise, customs duties on large, foreign-made vehicles hiked (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Excise, customs duties on large, foreign-made vehicles hiked - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: car prices, doing the rounds, excise duty, fiesta, ford india, kilometres, large cars, launch, managing director, New Delhi, new sports, petrol, price escalation, price tag, rs 8, steel prices, sxi, two and a half years, us automaker, variants