Aussie grandma gives birth to 99.9-percent identical tripletsJune 24th, 2008 - 3:59 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 24 (ANI): An Australian grandmother has given birth to naturally conceived identical triplets in what doctors said was a one in-10-million case.
The three 99.9-percent identical boys - Cooper, Kyle and Jordan - were born at 34 weeks by Caesarean section at Brisbane’s Mater Mothers’ Hospital.
Janelle Perry and her husband, Robert, already have a 4-year-old daughter.
Janelle also has four children in their 20s from a previous marriage as well as two grandchildren.
The Perrys, of Logan, south of Brisbane, sold all their baby things last October after trying unsuccessfully for two years to have more kids.
A doctor had given Janelle only a 5 per cent chance of having another child naturally.
“We thought: ‘Oh well. It’ll probably never happen’. We’d sort of given up,” The Courier Mail quoted Perry, as saying.
“Rebecca kept telling me in November: ‘You’ve got three babies in your tummy, Mummy - one for me, one for Dad and one for you’. I thought: ‘No way’ and told her: ‘There’s no babies in there’. Then, in December, I found out I was pregnant,” she added.
According to doctors, the Perry babies are almost certainly monochorionic triamniotic triplets, meaning they are from one egg and sperm which split in the first few days after fertilisation. (ANI)
- Australian grandma gives birth to near-identical triplets - Jun 24, 2008
- Oz record mum gives birth to natural triplets at 47! - Oct 11, 2009
- Babies born by caesarean more likely to be obese - May 24, 2012
- Oz mum gives birth to 5.75kg baby boy - Mar 09, 2011
- British mom delivers rare identical triplets - Aug 05, 2012
- Chinese hospital issues I-cards on sperm health - May 23, 2012
- Nearly one in two births in China caesarean: Survey - Jan 14, 2010
- 'Most women demand Caesareans' myth debunked - Oct 07, 2010
- Briton becomes country's first male to give birth - Feb 12, 2012
- After 14 miscarriages, mum finally gives birth to a healthy baby - Mar 07, 2012
- 18-year-old gives birth to triplets - Nov 20, 2011
- Woman who herself is a triplet gives birth to three sons in Detroit - Jun 05, 2009
- Identical triplets born to Orissa woman - Feb 24, 2009
- Brit woman gives birth to own cousin after becoming surrogate for aunt - Apr 07, 2011
- Baby with two heads born in Brazil - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: 10 million, aussie, baby things, brisbane, caesarean section, courier mail, egg, first few days, grandchildren, grandma gives birth, grandmother, identical triplets, janelle perry, june 24, logan, mater mothers hospital, perrys, rebecca, sperm, three babies