ATC extends judicial remand of Mumbai attack suspect by six more daysApril 23rd, 2009 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, Apr.23 (ANI): An Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) has extended the judicial remand of one of the Mumbai terror attack suspect Shahid Jamil Riaz by six days.
Riaz, a Laskar-e-Taiyaba (LeT) operative, has been sent to Adiala Jail till April 28.
He was brought to the court by the FIA amid tight security, The Daily Times reported.
FIA’s Investigation Officer Inspector Zahid asked the court to extend Riaz’s remand for further investigations, for which the court agreed.
Earlier, Judicial Magistrate Ahmed Masood Janjua had recorded Riaz’s statement on April 15 and sent him on seven-day remand.
Meanwhile, the court also recorded statement of Investigation Officer Malik Arif in connection with the 2007 Musharraf plane attack case.
Later, the court adjourned the hearing till April 29. (ANI)
- Mumbai attack suspect confesses providing logistical support to attackers - Apr 16, 2009
- Pak court extends remand of Mumbai terror suspects - Apr 15, 2009
- Mumbai terror suspects' judicial remand extended for another 14 days - Apr 01, 2009
- Pakistani 'confesses' to role in Mumbai attacks - Apr 16, 2009
- 'Zardari stopped Pak authorities from conducting autopsy on Benazir's body' - Dec 23, 2010
- UK refuses to hand over Musharraf to Pakistan in absence of extradition treaty - Apr 03, 2011
- Pak court directs FIA to implement Musharraf's arrest warrant in BB murder case - Apr 09, 2011
- Benazir assassination probe: Pak ATC extends remand of detained police duo - Jan 22, 2011
- Mumbai terror suspect awarded 14 day judicial custody by Rawalpindi court - Aug 21, 2009
- FIA asks Pak court to declare Musharraf 'absconder' in Benazir murder case - Apr 24, 2011
- Pak court 'refuses to declare Kasab proclaimed offender' in Mumbai terror attacks - Feb 25, 2011
- Pak anti-terror court seeks record of Mumbai attacks suspect - Aug 30, 2009
- Pakistani court adjourns hearing of Mumbai terror-attack case - Feb 26, 2011
- Pak court refuses acquittal of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks' accused - Jan 07, 2010
- Musharraf's interview presented in court in connection with Benazir assassination case - Apr 23, 2011