Army foils infiltration bid in KashmirJanuary 4th, 2012 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 4 (IANS) The army has foiled an attempt by a group of militants to sneak into Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir from across the Line of Control (LOC), sources said Wednesday.
According to army sources, Pakistani troops opened fire at Tarkundi post on the LOC in Poonch, about 250 km north west of Jammu, to “give cover to the group of infiltrators”.
The firing began at 9 p.m. Tuesday night and went on for two hours. “There were two more incidents of firing from 3 a.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. and again from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.,” a source added.
The Indian Army returned the fire and foiled the attempt to push “five to six militants to the Indian side”.
The army is carrying out searches to find out if any militants have managed to sneak in.
- Army foils infiltration bid in Poonch - Sep 13, 2012
- Army foils infiltration bid, arrests one - Feb 23, 2012
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- Pakistani caught while crossing LoC - Apr 09, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled in Kashmir; soldier, guerrilla killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Two terrorists killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Nov 14, 2010
- Indian Army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir - Aug 23, 2011
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Dec 29, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani troops clash on Kashmir border (Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- 30 militants in Jammu's border districts: Army - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,