Armed US choppers violate Pak airspaceMay 26th, 2009 - 12:04 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, May 26 (ANI): Seven US gunship helicopters reportedly broke into Pakistan airspace over the Khyber Agency.
According to The Nation, the armed US choppers kept hovering over Landi Kotal for several minutes before flying back to Afghanistan.
It was the first such instance of armed US helicopters openly violating Pakistani airspace.
Panic prevailed among the people of the region over fears of a possible US strike.
The United States has been carrying out drone strikes in Pakistan’s tribal belt along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border over the past year.
Islamabad has consistently objected to these missile attacks, saying they violate Pakistan’s sovereignty and would prove counterproductive in the war against terror.(ANI)
- NATO choppers violate Pak airspace in FATA - Dec 12, 2009
- 10 die in drone strike in Pakistan - Feb 08, 2012
- Pak F-16 fighter jets can't target US drones: Rehman Malik - Apr 18, 2011
- NATO helicopters again violate Pak air space - Dec 27, 2010
- NATO jets, drone violate Pakistan's airspace again - Feb 16, 2011
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Drone strikes are counter-productive: Gilani - May 02, 2011
- No NATO aircraft violated Pakistan's airspace: US embassy - Nov 04, 2010
- Four die in US drone attack in Pakistan - Feb 09, 2012
- NATO choppers violate Pakistan airspace - Oct 13, 2010
- NATO helicopters violate Pak airspace yet again despite formal apology - Nov 03, 2010
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- NATO fighter jets violate Pak airspace over Khyber agency - Sep 13, 2009
- Five killed in US drone strike in Pak's Khyber region - May 16, 2010
- Pak parliamentarians concerned about airspace violations by NATO - Nov 04, 2010