Armed robbers forced to leave loot because getaway car to small!October 1st, 2008 - 6:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 1 (ANI): It was a clear sweep turned awry for two armed robbers, who looted a security van of 1.3 million dollars, but had to leave almost half the cash behind because their getaway car could not carry it all.
According to Shakaruddin Che Mood, district police chief, Malaysian, the robbers and their compact car could not carry 524,000 dollars, after the loot near Kuala Lumpur.
Shakaruddin said that the robbers stole a small car and then held up guards in the security van at a shopping mall. While one robber drove the van away, the other followed in the car.
Later, the van was recovered nearby with nine bags containing 786,000 dollars inside, as they could not fit the bags inside the compact car, said the police chief.
“The bags are quite big. I consider them quite stupid. Their planning was very shortsighted,” Telegraph quoted Shakaruddin, as saying.
Meanwhile, the police have detained the five security guards in the van, as they are suspecting that the robbery may have been an inside job.
“This thing was done in an easy manner,” added Shakaruddin. (ANI)
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van - Mar 31, 2012
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Tata Motors recovery agent shot, robbed - Oct 27, 2010
- Police salary van attacked in Pakistan - Jul 03, 2012
- Rs.60 mn looted from Karachi banks - Jan 01, 2012
- Pakistan bank looted in barely 55 seconds - May 12, 2011
- Silver worth Rs.3.5 crore looted in Mathura - Feb 20, 2012
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Roadways bus looted in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Arab diplomat mugged of 2 mn pounds in London - Jun 28, 2011
- Rs.3.2 mn looted in Punjab - Oct 04, 2010
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012