Antony to lay foundation stone of Sainik School todayAugust 29th, 2008 - 9:28 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 29 (ANI): Defence Minister AK Antony will lay the foundation stone of a Sainik School in Rewari district of Haryana today.
Minister of State for Defence Production Rao Inderjit Singh and Minister of State for Defence MM Pallam Raju will also be present on the occasion.
Rao Inderjit Singh, who has worked painstakingly towards realizing this goal, said the Sainik School being set up at Tappa Gothra Khori village would be the second Sainik School in the state. The Government of Haryana had recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Defence in this regard.
The Gram Panchayat played a vital role by donating about 50 acres of land for the Sainik School. Till the time the school building is constructed, temporary accommodation for the functioning of the school would be made available in the Primary School Building, Community Hall and Youth Hostel in Rewari town, he added.
He further said that the setting up of the Sainik School in Rewari district would fulfill a long pending demand of the inhabitants of this region. It would also enable the youth of the region to avail of the excellent educational facilities and discipline inculcated in Sainik Schools.
The first Sainik School in Haryana was set up at Kunjpura in Karnal district in 1961. The present state Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and the Chief of the Army Staff General Deepak Kapoor are its most distinguished alumni. (ANI)
- Haryana releases Rs.50 mn for new military school - Aug 07, 2010
- Antony to lay foundation stone of Sainik School - Aug 28, 2008
- Haryana to have another Sainik School - Jun 18, 2008
- President to attend Sainik School golden jubilee - Jul 21, 2010
- Secondary education to be made universal too: President - Jul 24, 2010
- Haryana gears up to be education hub - Oct 04, 2010
- Haryana to have new Sainik school - Jun 17, 2008
- Gurgaon 'grooms' for daughters of Lalu Prasad, Sharad Yadav - Jan 11, 2012
- Hooda detractors make themselves heard (Haryana Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Three more Sainik Schools to come up, says minister - Jan 22, 2012
- Haryana sets up police stations to check power, water theft - Feb 05, 2011
- Compulsory year-long NCC stint for youth? - Jun 09, 2011
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- Haryana seeks war weapons for museum - Feb 18, 2011
- Govt. to set up ex-servicemen commission soon - Aug 29, 2008