Another militant attack on NATO tankers in BalochistanOctober 9th, 2010 - 12:03 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, Oct 9 (ANI): In the latest attack on convoys in Pakistan carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan, insurgents have torched a fleet of oil tankers in the Bolan district of Balochistan.
According to sources, the assailants fired a rocket in the remote Mithri area in the district, targeting the tankers parked near a hotel in the early hours today, the Dawn reported.
While several tankers immediately caught fire and were destroyed, there have been unconfirmed reports of death of one security personal in the attack.
In the last few days, there have been similar attacks on the NATO supply convoys in other areas of Pakistan.
Meanwhile, as the supply trucks and tankers for the US-led forces in Afghanistan stand idle in Pakistani territory after remaining suspended for a full week now, there have been concerns about their safety following such militant strikes. (ANI)
- One killed in NATO tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 03, 2011
- Gunmen attack NATO tankers in Pakistan - Oct 09, 2010
- One killed in NATO oil tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 01, 2011
- 27 more NATO oil tankers destroyed in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- NATO supply trucks attacked in Balochistan - Jun 13, 2010
- Two NATO oil tankers torched in Balochistan - Mar 12, 2011
- Two NATO fuel tankers torched in Balochistan - Apr 06, 2011
- Two NATO supply trailers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 30, 2011
- Two NATO supply tankers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 29, 2011
- Taliban claim responsibility for attack on NATO tankers in Quetta - Oct 07, 2010
- 20 NATO supply trucks torched in Quetta in fresh attack following air strike standoff - Oct 06, 2010
- 29 NATO Tankers Destroyed In Terrorist Attack - Oct 09, 2010
- Two NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Aug 28, 2011
- NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Oct 10, 2011
- 19 NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Aug 22, 2011