Anand Sharma to lead business team to AfghanistanJune 28th, 2012 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma said Thursday he would soon lead an Indian business delegation to Afghanistan in a bid to enhance economic engagements between the two countries.
“The visit will happen soon. Officials of the two countries will work out the dates,” Sharma told reporters on the sidelines of the Delhi Investment Summit on Afghanistan here.
The day-long summit was organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry in association with the governments of India and Afghanistan.
Sharma asked industry chambers to identify key areas in which businesses of the two countries can enhance cooperation.
The minister is likely to be accompanied by representatives of leading Indian firms and industry lobbies on his visit to Afghanistan.
Afghan ministers, including Foreign Affairs Minister Zalmai Rassoul, Commerce and Industry Minister Anwar-ul-Haq Ahady, Finance Minister Hazrat Omar Zakhilwal and Mines Minister Wahidullah Shahrani, attended the summit.
- India pushes Afghanistan's economic rejuvination (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- India bats for investments in Afghanistan (Factfile) (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Shed fear, invest in Afghan opportunity: India (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- Afghanistan woos Indian investors assuring high returns (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Afghanistan keen to trade with India via Wagah-Attari border - Jul 01, 2012
- India reiterates long-term partnership with Afghanistan - Sep 15, 2011
- India, Afghanistan sign pact on iron and steel - Apr 09, 2012
- Pak Cabinet approves transit trade agreement with Afghanistan - Oct 07, 2010
- Manufacturing zones planned in east, south (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Afghanistan minister shores up investor confidence - Jun 28, 2012
- Afghanistan asks Pak to allow transit of Indian goods through Wagah border - Jul 07, 2010
- Afghan foreign minister to visit India - Apr 28, 2012
- Afghanistan invites Indian firms to tap minerals - Jul 20, 2010
- Afghanistan to deploy 7,000 troops to guard TAPI pipeline - Dec 13, 2010
- Pakistan, Afghanistan to strengthen ties - Jun 12, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, anand sharma, business delegation, business team, confederation of indian industry, engagements, finance minister, foreign affairs minister, governments, indian business, industry lobbies, industry minister, investment summit, key areas, minister anwar, New Delhi, rassoul, shahrani, sidelines, ul haq