Altaf says he never wants to be PM, PresidentDecember 24th, 2007 - 2:22 pm ICT by admin
Lahore, Dec 24 (ANI): Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Chief Altaf Hussain has said that he never wants to become Pakistans Prime Minister or President because such power can change a person and a partys ideology.
The countrys political dynamics is changing. It was expected that former premier Benazir Bhutto and Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif would not be allowed to return to Pakistan, Altaf said during an interview to Business Plus.
He said that the Election Commission would ensure transparent elections, adding that he did not think any single political party would have a grand majority.
Hussain said the people of Pakistan followed ideologies, not individuals.
The MQM had a right to take out a rally on May 12 for the freedom of the judiciary. It had been a pre-planned attack on the MQM by the opposition, he added.
He said he wanted to return to Pakistan as soon as possible, but his partys Rabita Committee had advised him not to return because this is not right time.
He said the MQM was willing to make a coalition with all parties, including the Pakistan Peoples Party and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz. (ANI)
- MQM chief ready to lead unstoppable 'French Revolution' in Pak - Sep 06, 2010
- MQM to continue supporting 'French Revolution' in Pak: Altaf Hussain - Oct 11, 2010
- Petition in Pak SC seeks trial of MQM chief for high treason - Aug 31, 2010
- Pir Pagara asks Gilani to 'quit honourably' as PPP loses majority - Jan 03, 2011
- MQM to contest elections in Pakistani Kashmir - Jun 07, 2011
- PPP leader says Musharraf could be arrested on his return to Pakistan - Sep 15, 2010
- PML-N, MQM tear each other apart with no-holds barred remarks - Dec 30, 2010
- Only MQM can bring Pakistan out of financial crisis, corruption: Altaf Hussain - Feb 19, 2011
- Nawaz accuses Muttahida Qaumi Movement of killings in Karachi - Dec 27, 2010
- MQM chief boasts of creating party's stronghold in Punjab - Apr 11, 2011
- "Patriotic" Pak Army needs no invitation for intervening in politics: PML-F - Sep 17, 2010
- PML-N sees end of PPP-led Pak Govt - Jan 03, 2011
- Pakistan Army, ISI infected with cancer: MQM - May 28, 2011
- Pakistan's MQM chief hospitalised in London - Aug 29, 2011
- Gilani, Sharif denounce MQM chief for "incomprehensible" martial rule remarks - Aug 24, 2010
Tags: altaf hussain, benazir bhutto, dec 24, election commission, former prime minister, freedom, Images, judiciary, lahore, mqm, muttahida qaumi movement, opposition, pakistan muslim league, pakistan peoples party, rabita, rally, right time, transparent elections, vspace