All political bigwigs issued prohibited arm licences during Musharraf’s regimeFebruary 26th, 2010 - 4:24 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Feb.26 (ANI): Over 400 prohibited arms licenses were issued to political leaders, parliamentarians and bureaucrats including President Asif Zardari and the Sharif brothers (Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif) during former President General Pervez Musharraf’s regime.
In a written reply to the National Assembly, Interior Minister Rehman Malik confirmed that 462 prohibited arm licences were issued during October 2007 to February 2008.
According to the list of persons who were issued the prohibited arms licence, the Interior Ministry had issued three such licenses on Zardari’s name, while both the Sharif brothers were issued six licenses each.
The Interior Ministry had also issued two licences to PML-Q leader Chaudhry Wajahat Hussain and one to his brother Shaffaat Hussain. Former foreign minister Khursheed Kasuri was granted two licences.
Other prominent political leaders who were issued the prohibited arms license included former interior minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, and Awami National Party (ANP) chief Asfandyar Wali Khan. (ANI)
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- "ANP chief declined Kayani's offer to replace Zardari owing to lack of support" - Dec 02, 2010
- Asfandyar rejects WikiLeaks reports of Kayani offering him presidency - Dec 05, 2010
- Zardari seeks unity of allies before US visit - Jan 13, 2011
- We should revisit blasphemy law: Asfandyar Wali Khan - Apr 21, 2011
- Peshawar airport renamed after Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan - Jan 28, 2012
- Police detain 20 suspects as Karachi death toll rises to 27 - Jan 15, 2011
- Pak PM Gilani arrives in Mohali - Mar 30, 2011
- Pak NA body categorically rejects bill implying country's sovereignty needs protection - Jan 22, 2011
- Gilani heading 45-member delegation for India 'cricket diplomacy' visit - Mar 30, 2011
- Pakistan PM Gilani in India for World Cup semifinal (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Contempt of court: Gilani set to appear before apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Pakistani leader shot dead - May 28, 2011
- PML-Q won't blackmail beleaguered PPP-led Pak coalition govt: Shujaat - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: ahmed khan, anp, awami national party, bureaucrats, general pervez musharraf, hussain, interior minister, interior ministry, nawaz sharif, parliamentarians, pervez musharraf, pml, political bigwigs, political leaders, president general pervez musharraf, rehman malik, sherpao, wajahat, wali khan, zardari