Al-Qaeda magazine urges killing of ‘anyone who commits blasphemy’July 12th, 2010 - 6:09 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, July 12(ANI): An Al-Qaeda magazine article, written by US-born Yemeni cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, has called for the execution of anyone who commits blasphemy.
“The proper solution to this growing campaign of blasphemy is the execution of those involved,” The Daily Times quoted the article in web magazine Inspire, as saying.
The article singles out Seattle-based cartoonist Molly Norris, who satirically proposed to make a blasphemous page on Facebook, but it also said that the killings should not be limited to participants on the social networking website.
“Because (participants) are practising a ‘right’ that is defended by the law, they have the backing of the entire Western political system. This would make… attacking any Western target legal from an Islamic viewpoint,” the article said.
“We will fight against blasphemers. We will instigate, we will bomb, and we will assassinate, and may our mothers be bereaved of us if we do not rise in defence,” it added.
US monitoring service SITE said that the Al-Fajr Media Centre, an Internet distribution network for extremist groups had released the magazine.
It also said that the release comes amongst several communiques posted by Al-Fajr Media Centre for Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula AQAP, Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) and Iraq, indicating that it is an authentic publication.
Awlaki is an Islamic lecturer and imam who is a dual citizen of the U.S. and Yemen.
He purportedly inspired Islamic terrorists and is wanted by the CIA after becoming “operational” as a senior talent recruiter, motivator and participates in planning and training “for Al-Qaeda and all of its franchises”.
With a blog, a Facebook page, and many YouTube videos, he has been described as the “bin Laden of the internet”. (ANI)
- Al-Qaeda's online magazine unexpectedly returns - May 04, 2012
- Steal from enemy to fund terror: Al Qaeda - Jan 20, 2011
- Is it really Al Qaeda's English magazine? - Jul 02, 2010
- Al-Qaeda English language magazine published - Oct 13, 2010
- Canada lists Yemen-based al-Qaeda group as terrorist organization - Dec 24, 2010
- Anwar al-Awlaki calls for more terror attacks on West in new video - Sep 30, 2010
- Al-Qaeda leader Al-Awlaki killed: Yemen - Sep 30, 2011
- Al-Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki sentenced to ten years in prison - Jan 17, 2011
- Al-qaeda 'thrives' in countries having weak governance: FBI - Apr 16, 2011
- New York police arrest 'al-Qaeda sympathizer' who plotted bombing campaign - Nov 21, 2011
- Islamist groups are elated by Arab revolts: Awlaki - Mar 31, 2011
- Qaeda's sarcastic new American mouthpiece - Nov 30, 2010
- Al-Qaeda welcomes revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia, questions the intentions of the West - Mar 30, 2011
- Second al-Qaeda magazine edition features 'proud to be US traitor's' testimony - Oct 12, 2010
- New Al- Quaeda magazine offers beauty tips mixed with bombing advice - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: al fajr, al qaeda in the arabian peninsula, aqap, aqim, blasphemy, distribution network, dual citizen, extremist groups, facebook, fajr, internet distribution, islamic maghreb, islamic terrorists, islamic viewpoint, magazine article, monitoring service, networking website, proper solution, social networking, target