Air China to start regular flights to TaiwanAugust 17th, 2009 - 6:11 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Aug 17(ANI): Air China President Cai Jianjiang has said that it will begin regular scheduled flights between the Chinese mainland and Taiwan from Aug 31.
Jianjiang said that Taiwan’s civil aviation authority granted a business license to Air China on Aug 13, and the carrier’s branch was also established in Taiwan.
“The carrier will operate 27 return flights each week across the Taiwan Straits on six routes from Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Chongqing, Hangzhou and Tianjin to Taipei Taoyuan Airport,” Xinhua quoted Jianjiang, as saying.
The announcement came after the Civil Aviation Administration of China published a flights schedule on July 7 between the mainland and Taiwan for nine passenger air carriers and two freight air carriers.Earlier, flights were only offered on weekends and during the country’s four major traditional festivals - the Spring Festival, Tomb-Sweeping Day, Dragon Boat Festival and the Mid-Autumn Festival. (ANI)
- Air China to launch Chengdu-Mumbai direct flight - Mar 01, 2012
- Hong Kong tops Chinese competitive city list - May 21, 2012
- Air China opens flight to Mumbai - May 02, 2012
- Toxic fumes kill six in China tunnel - Dec 10, 2011
- Ride horse to work, say equestrian enthusiasts - Jun 03, 2011
- China tea costs more than gold! - Mar 23, 2012
- Chinese culture minister visits Taiwan - Sep 02, 2010
- China, Taiwan agree to start regular flights - Jun 13, 2008
- A kiss lands Chinese driver in trouble - Sep 16, 2011
- Ten most attractive Chinese cities for foreigners - May 03, 2012
- Chinese cities see property prices fall - Jul 18, 2011
- Airbus delivers first China-assembled A320 jet - Jun 23, 2009
- China launches first 3D TV channel - Jan 02, 2012
- China to add 14,000 flights for festival rush - Jan 09, 2012
- Big Chinese chopper passes cold weather flight test - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: air carriers, air china, business license, chengdu, china president, chinese mainland, chongqing, civil aviation administration, civil aviation authority, dragon boat festival, flights schedule, hangzhou, mid autumn festival, return flights, spring festival, taipei taoyuan airport, taiwan straits, tianjin, tomb sweeping day, traditional festivals