Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summitJune 3rd, 2012 - 4:05 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, June 3 (IANS) Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will attend the 12th summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Beijing, where India and Pakistan are observer states, Press TV reported.
The 12th SCO summit will be held June 6-7.
“Apart from participating in the summit, the Iranian president will hold talks with presidents of certain member and observer countries,” Mohammad Reza Forqani, head of the presidential office’s international relations division was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti.
Ahmadinejad will meet Chinese President Hu Jintao, Prime Minister Wen Jiabao and speaker of the National People’s Congress.
Iran and China will sign an agreement on the expansion of bilateral ties.
The SCO is an inter-governmental international organisation established in June 2001 by Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Observer states include India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan, while dialogue partners include Belarus and Sri Lanka.
- Zardari, Ahmadinejad reach China for Shanghai summit - Jun 05, 2012
- SCO summit convenes in Beijing - Jun 05, 2012
- China to issue $10 bn in loans to SCO members - Jun 07, 2012
- Pakistan wants full SCO membership - Jun 06, 2012
- Pakistan seeks full membership of Shanghai group - Jun 13, 2011
- Krishna, in 'holding room', with Zardari at Beijing - Jun 06, 2012
- Chinese PM to visit Russia - Nov 06, 2011
- India seeks China's support for SCO membership - Jun 06, 2012
- India to pitch for larger role at SCO summit - May 27, 2012
- Putin proposes anti-terror centre in SCO - Jun 07, 2012
- Russia seeks India, Pakistan to join SCO - May 12, 2012
- India pitches for SCO's membership, Afghan role - Jun 05, 2012
- Hu Jintao charts priorities for Shanghai group - Jun 15, 2011
- Russia backs India for SCO member - Nov 17, 2011
- Pakistan keen for full membership of regional body - Nov 06, 2011
Tags: bilateral ties, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, dialogue partners, hu jintao, india and pakistan, international organisation, international relations division, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, mahmoud ahmadinejad, mohammad, observer countries, observer states, president hu jintao, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, ria novosti, shanghai cooperation organization, shanghai cooperation organization sco, wen jiabao