After Swat, TNSM vows to implement sharia law in other parts of PakistanApril 14th, 2009 - 7:14 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Apr.14 (ANI): Joyous over the implementation of sharia law in Malakand region of the North West Frontier Province (NWFP), the Tehrik Nifaz-i-Shariat Muhammadi (TNSM) chief Sufi Mohammad has said that the law would be extended to other parts of the country too, The Dawn reports.
Talking to reporters in Bathkhela, after government’s approval to implement the Nizam-e-Adl regulation, Mohammad said the Taliban and TNSM would work together to maintain peace in the region.
He said peace camp in Malakand will not be abolished and vowed to continue the peace process in the Swat Valley.
The National Assembly had gave its green signal to a resolution asking President Asif Ali Zardari to sign the sharia regulation to be implemented in NWFP’s Malakand division according to the peace accord inked between the NWFP government and TNSM. (ANI)
- Provincial government in Pakistan invites Islamic cleric for talks - Apr 28, 2009
- Qazi courts start functioning in NWFP's Malakand region - Apr 14, 2009
- Zardari signs sharia deal following National Assembly's green signal - Apr 14, 2009
- Terrorism, not Islam is Taliban's prime agenda: NWFP minister - May 06, 2009
- Qazi judgments would be final and unchallengeable: Sufi Muhammad - Apr 16, 2009
- Sharia verdicts cannot be challenged in Supreme Court: cleric - Apr 16, 2009
- Swat Sharia laws rock Pakistan's Senate - Apr 20, 2009
- Pak Taliban militants' accused of brutal killings will enjoy immunity: Sufi - Apr 15, 2009
- Ceric's remarks on judges, Sharia not worrisome: Gilani (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2009
- TNSM decides to extend Darul Qaza deadline infinitely - Apr 24, 2009
- Islamist leader reaches Swat for talks with Taliban (Lead) - Feb 17, 2009
- NWFP government, TNSM decide to keep Swat peace accord intact - Apr 11, 2009
- Gilani announces Swat package, to visit area - Apr 17, 2009
- Islamists group to meet Taliban's Pakistan chief (Lead) - Feb 18, 2009
- TNSMs deadline forces NWFP Govt to sign Nizam-e-Adl Regulation - Mar 10, 2009
Tags: adl, asif ali, bathkhela, dawn, frontier province, implementation, inked, malakand division, mohammad, national assembly, nizam, north west frontier, pakistan islamabad, peace accord, peace camp, peace process, swat valley, taliban