After divorce, Taliban now bans beard shaving in FATAApril 11th, 2009 - 6:45 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Apr.11 (ANI): Days after announcing a ban on divorce, the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has now barred men in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) Bajaur region from shaving their beards.
Announcing the ban over the outfit’s illegal FM radio station, the TTP’s Bajaur Agency chief Faqir Muhammad said severe punishment would be handed out to those who do not follow the restrictions.
The TTP has also announced a ban on drug peddling, non-government organisations (NGO) from working in the agency, and has termed the grants under the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) as ‘haram’.
Muhammad said some people have been arrested for their involvement in the BISP and would be punished according to sharia.
“People assisting women in getting ID cards made and distributing BISP money among them would be arrested,” he warned. (ANI)
- No talks with Taliban: Rehman Malik - Dec 12, 2011
- Pak Taliban declares economic support under BISP to women as 'haram' - Apr 06, 2009
- The Taliban are back to spread terror in Pak army 'sanitized' Bajaur Agency - Jun 16, 2010
- Taliban blows up two more primary schools in FATA - Jul 06, 2010
- Top Pak Taliban commanders among 30 extremists reportedly killed in FATA - Mar 06, 2010
- Pak forces received intelligence input regarding 'high value targets' in Mohmand - Mar 07, 2010
- Mullah Fazlullah's close aide surrenders in Swat - Jul 22, 2010
- Taliban blows up girls' school in FATA's Mohmand Agency - Jun 14, 2010
- Swat Taliban chief Fazlullah among 50 terrorists declared absconders - Jul 23, 2010
- Pak Taliban warns of retaliatory attacks on security forces in Bajaur - Mar 13, 2010
- Three killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- New video footage shows Swat Taliban chief Mullah Fazlullah alive and in action - Jul 23, 2010
- No talks with 'liars' Taliban till they lay down their arms: Malik - Dec 16, 2009
- Hakeemullah Mehsud named new Pak Taliban chief - Aug 22, 2009
- Al Qaeda had no role in Pak Taliban chief's appointment: Faqir - Sep 01, 2009
Tags: agency chief, bajaur agency, beard, beards, benazir, bisp, cards, divorce, faqir muhammad, fm radio station, government organisations, grants, haram, islamabad, ngo, pakistan, severe punishment, taliban, tribal areas, ttp