Afghanistan “providing refuge” to elements terrorising Pakistan: Rehman MalikSeptember 16th, 2010 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Sept 16 (ANI): Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that Afghanistan is acting as a sanctuary for the terrorists functioning against Pakistan.
“Afghanistan is providing refuge to elements who are involved in terrorist activities in Pakistan,” the Daily Times quoted Malik, as saying, according to sources.
“Malik also said that the Afghan Taliban belonging to Kunar province were crossing into Pakistan to fight security forces,” the sources revealed.
According to them, the interior minister urged the Afghan authorities to restore the bio-matrix checking system installed at Chaman, Taftaan and Torkham checkposts along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border, which had been destroyed by the Afghan militia.
During the meeting between President Asif Ali Zardari and his Afghan counterpart Hamid Karzai, Rehman Malik told the Afghan officials that Brahamdagh Bugti was the key figure behind the ongoing unrest in Balochistan, and asked them to take strict action against him for being involved in insurgency and unlawful activities in the province of Balochistan, said the sources. (ANI)
- Pakistan opposes Baloch leader Brahamdagh's plea seeking asylum in Switzerland - Mar 31, 2011
- Pakistan has permanently stopped NATO supply: Minister - Nov 28, 2011
- Zardari-led govt worse than Musharraf's regime for Balochistan: Brahamdagh Bugti - Sep 23, 2010
- Terrorists infiltrating into Pak through Afghan border: Malik - Jul 12, 2010
- No truth to Pak claims of Indian interference in Balochistan, says Afghan FM - Jul 27, 2009
- Pakistan deploys army to stop cross-border attacks - Oct 19, 2011
- Afghan transit trade through Gwadar port can boost Baloch economy: Raisani - Jan 03, 2011
- First NATO container crosses Pakistan-Afghan border - Jul 06, 2012
- Pakistan to create immigration system along Afghan border - Oct 20, 2011
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- NATO commander meets Pakistan army chief - Sep 10, 2011
- Malik vows enquiry into NATO attack violating Pak sovereignty - Sep 28, 2010
- Stop the terrorists, Pakistan tells Kabul - Sep 02, 2012
- Iran asks for Pak support in investigating Chahbahar suicide blast - Dec 19, 2010
- Strike over attack on family of Pakistan politician - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: afghan officials, afghan taliban, afghanistan, asif ali zardari, balochistan, bugti, checking system, counterpart, hamid karzai, interior minister, islamabad, militia, pakistan, rehman malik, sanctuary, security forces, strict action, taliban, terrorist activities, unrest